Home General Discussion
Options

How 'bout those 5 miami knuckles?

Did you guys give those a shot! I really like the 5 Miami, but these knuckles suck... :) Have to smoke them really slow or they get bitter spicy. I can barely smoke that slow. Do others have these issues or do I just need to rest them in the humi for a decade... Lot less wrapper lot more filler - what a diff. And I do like the Nub cameroon... Hate to just have a bon fire with 'em....

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    never tried em. but i smoke slow anyway so maybe i should get em. its strange that you have to smoke em slow or they get to hot bitter and spicy. larger ring gauge cigars usually smoke very cool. that is one of the distinct advantages to a larger ring. Maybe because both the knuckles and the nubs are so short it is either a light issue or a RH issue. If you loght to hot you will get a bitter spicy taste.
    ...you will get the same out of a humidor with an RH that is too low ust more on the harsh side.
    I thought the nubs were great. especially the connecticut.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I have smoked 4 of these and have another 12 left.. It could be a humi problem. I really liked the 5 miami and I jumped in a little heavy on a deal with the knuckles - cause I assumed I would like 'em also, but no.... :) Really bitter - Anyone else try these?
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    I've had nothing but good luck with the knuckles. I think that they smoke better than any of the other ones and I went down to the bare nub before it started getting hot. Maybe you were just smoking it too fast. It took me about an hour to smoke the whole thing.
  • Options
    Thanks - that's good to hear, because I like the rest of the Miami's. I let the moisture level get a little high in the humi - perhaps I need to let them settle. I smoked those boys incredible slow - they made me... :)
  • Options
    To anyone who listened i was wrong. I let these things set for about 5 weeks and they are so much better... I believe I will always have some in my humidor. 2 bigs and 2 smalls (humis) are'n't enough.. :) Maybe Santa will bring me more storage capacity... Anyway lI think the knuckles just took on a little too much moisture... I have some irish hops that's acting the same way...