Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

MoW Armada problems

mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
Well, I had my first Armada tonight and the flavor was ok but may have been overshadowed by the problems I had with the stick. It burned evenly so that was ok but there seemed to be little cuts within a 1/2 to 3/4 of the cap / head, like the wrapper dried out a little faster than the filler and split just in this area. It was weird bcuz the cuts were pretty small but big enough that when I took a draw I could feel the air coming in from the cuts and not the foot of the cigar. I had to literally put the cigar twice as far in my mouth (I know I know, "that’s what she said") to cover the holes so I could get a decent draw. It was very annoying to say the least. I'm gonna have to assume they came from the factory this way as I've let them rest for about a month and I pulled them out of my well stabilized coolidor. Every cigar I've smoked in the last two weeks has come out of my coolidor with no problems what so ever. Has anyone else experienced this or do you think this was a one-time thing. I have 2 more that I'll let rest another month or so and try again but I expected a little better showing from a cigar of this caliber.

Comments

• Options
    The only problem I had with the 1 I smoked was that it cost so much to get more.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Bummer. I wonder if it happened during shipping. I like to believe something like this wouldn't pass the quality control measures on such a high end stick.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had one that was over packed. It happens I guess.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one left in the humi that I have to light up soon.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds aggravating. I've had this happen with other sticks, usually my fault for over-humidifying, or too fast a change, doesn't sound like what happened to you, though. I've been wondering when to smoke my next one (only had 1 so far), perhaps I should sacrifice for the sake of the science?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    lol, worse things have been done in the name of science.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had one that had tar buildup but that was probably my fault. it was probably too moist and I use a punch so those two combined easily could cause tar.