Home General Discussion
Options

New MoW badge????

So now I know a few of us have the Mow badge as it is.....so shall we create a new ultimate badge? ORIGINAL, RUINATION, VIRTUE, SPECIAL EDITION, MADURO, PURO, ARMADA???? what else is everyone thinking on this?

Comments

• Options
    i think it is a great idea but i dont want to drop 300 bucks just to get the maduro
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    obviously only the people who can get the maduros would be able to get in on this...lol....
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    not to mention if I smoked all those in one day my head would probably explode! lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    thats the whole point of it! lol..its called the ultimate badge lol
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Maybe you should call it the Arlington since you'll all be buried a hero's death afterwards.
  • Options
    alright...ARLINGTON BADGE.....its been named
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I'll be doing all of them back to back one day after they are all out. I have all but the puro and the shaggy that Alex mentioned before. Waiting on those and some nice weather.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8:

I'm gonna have to disagree with this. It's bad enough we compare our "badge" to real ones, but let's leave Arlington out of this. That's too much. After watching one of my buddies be laid to rest there I say that we do not use that. It's too much
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    Joeyjoe21_8:

I'm gonna have to disagree with this. It's bad enough we compare our "badge" to real ones, but let's leave Arlington out of this. That's too much. After watching one of my buddies be laid to rest there I say that we do not use that. It's too much

+1
  • Options
    rgalyon0911rgalyon0911 Posts: 53
    ENFIDL:
    Joeyjoe21_8:

+2
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I already named it the "MOW Medal of Honor" since most recipients of the Medal Of Honor receive it posthumously and really, whoever does this will also be deceased.
    click here for the original post

hahahaha, you guys figure it out. either way, I made it up and I will hopefully complete the "Honor" someday

and for ENFIDL, there is no intention of defaming or cheapening the sacrifice our men and women make for our freedom. I hope that the "Medal of Honor" is not taken that way. If it is, then let's find a different name.

• Options
    dennisking:
    I already named it the "MOW Medal of Honor" since most recipients of the Medal Of Honor receive it posthumously and really, whoever does this will also be deceased.

hahahaha, you guys figure it out. either way, I made it up and I will hopefully complete the "Honor" someday

and for ENFIDL, there is no intention of defaming or cheapening the sacrifice our men and women make for our freedom. I hope that the "Medal of Honor" is not taken that way. If it is, then let's find a different name.

I didn't say it was meant to defame or cheapen anything but it's going too far. Actually I'm gonna remove my "Medal of Honor" from my signature for the one I did before.
  • Options
    christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    That would definitely be appropriate. Good decision!
  • Options
    The day someone posts that, Arlington Badge, in their signature is the day I no longer visit this forum. Just sayin
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Maybe we try for a name from a different historic time period? Maybe something like the "Genghis Khan badge" or something to denote an ancient warrior like Alexander the Great or something along those lines. Thoughts???
  • Options
    How about just Man O War Badge? Do we need all the other stuff? Personally I thought it was fun, but now it's getting taken too far. Why don't we go back to basics and have the Man O War Badge. If somebody did just the Virtue, Original and Ruination in one day good on em and if somebody smokes all the blends back to back then good on them too but they both still earned it but did it on the terms they wanted to do it on.
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    How about just Man O War Badge? Do we need all the other stuff? Personally I thought it was fun, but now it's getting taken too far. Why don't we go back to basics and have the Man O War Badge. If somebody did just the Virtue, Original and Ruination in one day good on em and if somebody smokes all the blends back to back then good on them too but they both still earned it but did it on the terms they wanted to do it on.

Personally, this hole thing kind of reminds me of drinking games.  I am beyond the point that I need an excuse to drink and am beyond the point where I need a goal of 3 or more specific cigars.  I don't hold the challenge against anyone though just not a goal of mine.

What is there like 7 or 8 different Man o' wars now.  How about using a oak leaf cluster designation.  That is typically used when awards are presented for subsequent times but we could use it as degrees.

Any 3 different man o war - Man O' War badge.
    Any 4 different man o war - Man O' War badge with One Oak leaf cluster.
    Any 5 different man o war - Man O' War badge with two Oak leaf clusters.

By not getting specific on which type of Man O' War you also help people who don't want to buy the war chest just for the maduro.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    at what point are there too many cigars in a line to do this?

gurkha badge?

Rocky Patel Badge?

5 Vegas badge?

Fuente badge?

especially full bodied cigars i mean... LFD badge?

at some point its turning in to who can waste the most money in one day while blowing out their palate. it starts to lose the enjoyment if you have to cram 12 cigars into a 24 hour day.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    If Arlington hits too close to home for our military BOTL (and understandably so), how about Valhalla?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    it starts to lose the enjoyment if you have to cram 12 cigars into a 24 hour day.

I vote 12 Churchills in a 24 hour period...now that's a challenge
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    dennisking:

I didn't say it was meant to defame or cheapen anything but it's going too far. Actually I'm gonna remove my "Medal of Honor" from my signature for the one I did before.
    well, maybe we need to call it something else. I think it was fun but it's not fun when it's at the expense of peoples beliefs or emotions. maybe we just call it, MOW Badge, MOW level 2, and MOW level 3
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:

gurkha badge?

Rocky Patel Badge?

5 Vegas badge?

Fuente badge?

at some point its turning in to who can waste the most money in one day while blowing out their palate. it starts to lose the enjoyment if you have to cram 12 cigars into a 24 hour day.
    +1

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    The original badge was only 3 sticks that are readily available and many of us smoke more than that each day. Let's get back to the original. It was started as a gag for those of us who love MOW and want to be counted in that "army".
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    i've only smoked the virtue from the mow line.....and only one at that in a 24 hour period. but I agree with Kuzi
  • Options
    ajacobs:
    ENFIDL:

Personally, this hole thing kind of reminds me of drinking games.  I am beyond the point that I need an excuse to drink and am beyond the point where I need a goal of 3 or more specific cigars.  I don't hold the challenge against anyone though just not a goal of mine.

What is there like 7 or 8 different Man o' wars now.  How about using a oak leaf cluster designation.  That is typically used when awards are presented for subsequent times but we could use it as degrees.

Any 3 different man o war - Man O' War badge.
    Any 4 different man o war - Man O' War badge with One Oak leaf cluster.
    Any 5 different man o war - Man O' War badge with two Oak leaf clusters.

By not getting specific on which type of Man O' War you also help people who don't want to buy the war chest just for the maduro.

Why not just use the military insignia and designations...

MOW - virtue = Private
    MOW - virtue, runination = corporal
    etc....... Hell, some of you will make general someday, you'll be dead after all those smokes, but you'll be a MOW General!
  • Options
    I dont know if relating this goal to the military is appropriate especially because we have men and women over there risking their lives for our freedom everyday to relate smoking x amount of cigars in a day to what they have to go through over there, in my opinion, is wrong. Also saying how "you will be dead from smoking that many cigars" does not sit well with me either seeing as there are members of our military loosing their lives. I see how the original Man O' War badge is fine because you can receive badges for anything but then to directly relate it to receiving medals in the military I do not see how they are the same. I agree we should just go back to the original Man O' War badge. This is just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    Krieg:
    kuzi16:

gurkha badge?

Rocky Patel Badge?

5 Vegas badge?

Fuente badge?

+1
    +1...I think i will go on a budget and earn my house blend badge. All eight blends in 24 hours and i still have some change left.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I think the tougher challenge is to sit with some people who are smoking MOWs without lighting one up yourself.