Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Update on Family for my BOTL

I have not been really with it latley, without getting into ALL the in's and out's of all the stuff going on in my life ill give you the nut-shell.
We are at the point of having to put my wifes mother in a hopsice care center. her days are numbered and she is uanable to do anything on her own and is in and out of lucidity . My Brother and sister in-law have had her living with them with hospice care workers comign to the house several days a week and it has gotten beyond thier ability to do anything. We Sincerely thank you all for your prayers, it is so hard being 3000 miles away.
My mother has been hunkered down in the house and hasnt left but for a couple doctors appoinments in over 3 months. she has 2-3 good days 9or decent days) and 4-5 bad days. Her Doctors tell me that she is still a time bomb and very unstable, and he doubts they will ever get a grip on it just to many complications... so she is making the best of it and ok with the fact that one of these days shes just going to die in her House and her favorite chair watching the Clevland Cavaliers..... LOL.
I have my own battles, some recent events dealing with my Son and my ex has me in a Finacial Quandry personally, Ex's boss closed her Office and joined another Dr. Complex and she lost her job... went on assistance,and unemployment and the courst decided I am the one that has to Pay for her dead ass and they Hammered me with a 400% increase in my child support..... Which I cant pay, I do not have a Job and havent been able to find one for months i have been looking and the Antique Business is not happening in this economy. So i am gaining arrears and that SUcks ....
My wife has some health Issues that have come to light in the last few weeks. She is a 16 year cancer survivor, she does not have cancer (thank GOD) but she has some serious issues that are a direct result of past treatments and surgerys and Chemistry... some brought on by all this other stress im sure.
WE NEED A GET AWAY FOR SURE ! BUT WHO DOESNT !
I am a Strong Healthy Guy BUT My S-h-i-t is wearing thin. Not getting allot of good sleep and doing my best to take care of the wife and the House and everything else that needs done.
I really appreciate all the love and support that All of the BOTL in this Forum have give me and my Family. If I owe you cigars let me know , I have i think 2-3 Packages sitting here to go out. I just had to vent to My BOTL, you Guys are Like Family to me even though I have never met Most of you, I feel like I have known many of you all my life.
Again Thanks for the love...
Ozzie

Comments

• Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Keep your head up Oz! I'm not a very religious guy but I am a firm believer that **** happens for a reason... sometimes that is all that gets me through...

you're in my thoughts Brother
  • Options
    Hang in there Ozzie. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Keep your face to the wind Oz and lean into it a little. We will push from the backside. Prayers sent.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    My thoughts are with you brother! It's a lot to have to deal with for sure. If there's anything you need, feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll gladly do what I can!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts and prayers for you and your family Oz.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hang in there! Something good has to happen for you, you've been hit with too much crap and the page has to turn sometime. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I fill hospice prescriptions every day, for much of my day. I can honestly say that they are amazing folks for the most part, and really make a difference in end of life care. My thoughts and prayers are with you Oz. Take care.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    We are all with ya & praying for you Oz. Come get it off your chest here on the forums whenever you need to man!

• Options
    Keep your head up buddy where all prayin for ya..don't worry things will get better
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Stay positive man, prayers for you and your family
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I'm praying for you and your family buddy, keep your head up.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Hey, Oz, I hope everything works out for the better, we're here for ya.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    God bless you and your family Oz, you will make it through, and be stronger. The good Lord never gives us more than we care take, and right now your burden is heavy.
    Prayers to you.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I think life is very cyclical, which means that life will definitely get better OZ. God speed buddy, thoughts and prayers sent.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    That is an amazing amount to have to deal with. Hopefully things will look up in the near future. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend. Hang in there.

Our son, Mike, is a hospice volunteer and I agree that those folks do a wonderful thing. He's also my herfing buddy.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whew! There are all kinds of words of solace, existential thoughts, well meant intentions, but at times like these they can all seem trivial, distant. All I can say is that I feel for you, hope for better days ahead, pray for your strength to get through this. Also, remember to take care of yourself along the way, or you can't take care of anyone else.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Thansk Guys for all the Love.......Im giving myself a Time Out today... going to finish this Project making my wife Happy and smoke me something GREAT today........ I have not smoked an Armada Yet and Today is the Day Ill try the one I have.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Exactly what you need! A day to just shut the brain off and de-stress for the day. Enjoy!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    My heart goes out to you brother . Prayers your way .
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Stay strong, Oz. Prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Everyone, quick update on Redtailhawkoz AKA Ozzie - his mother in law has taken a drastic turn for the worse, and it appears the end is imminent. Due to this, Ozzie will be out of touch here for the foreseeable future. If you need to get in touch with Oz for any forum related business (aka bombs, trades, etc), please PM me & I will pass it on as I have his cell number.

As always, BOTL prayers are appreciated.

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Thanks for the update Glen. If you happen to talk to him, let him know he is in our prayers.
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that.
  • Options
    Glen thanks for the update brother. I hate to hear this. Let him know we are thinking and praying for him and his family!
  • Options
    Will pass along all the well-wishes fellas.

• Options
    Bad news gentlemen. I heard from Ozzie today... his mother-in-law has lost her year-long battle with cancer and passed away this morning at around 7am. There will be a memorial service in Zanesville, OH next week. If anyone wishes to attend let me know and I will try to get the details from Ozzie. Needless to say, Oz is likely to be pretty scarce around the forums for the next couple of weeks while he & his wife deal with their loss.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Sorry to hear that. My condolences for the loss to their family.
  • Options
    I'm really sorry to hear that.
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear this brother. Let him and his family know that we are thinking and praying for them!