Home General Discussion
Options

anybody here ever win....

anybody here ever win the cigar.com email sweepstakes?

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha h.... ummm no.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Nope. And I was going to talk to someone at C.COM about that !!!!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    LOL, yeah would be nice..
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    not here!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    hey c com how 'bout that spreadin the wealth thing
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i wonder how many enter.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I always enter, but never drawn my number. Of course I really don't ever win much of anything... lol
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i once won $20 on a scratch off card.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Always enter but never win. I have better luck at the horse track.
  • Options
    btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    nope. enter every tim I log on but never been hit. Surprised that noone here has won since these are probably the people who visit the site the most.
  • Options
    Never won either, going to keep trying though.
  • Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Maybe the winners are sworn to secrecy...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Wafflebob:
    Never won either, going to keep trying though.
    Did anyone notice the contest offer on todays home page ? Three months of cigar of the month.. No need to enter I already won... ( Yeah Right!)
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Not me..
  • Options
    Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    Nope. I enter everytime i see that thing and nothing.  I sent in a suggestion for a cigar.com show too, nothing there either.......bummas!
  • Options
    Big DeanBig Dean Posts: 120
    nope
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    It would be nice if they would POST who won... I mean... truth be told we don't really know that ANYONE is winning do we? For all we know they could just be collecting the emails every month (hoping for new ones of course) and never actually sending out a prize...

No, I'm not saying they ARE doing that... I'm just saying they COULD be... Without any sort of offical announcement it's just kinda "blind"... Even a simple "Hey, we just drew a winner for our latest contest and "Josh D" of Chutesville, AL" or something like that.... ;)
  • Options
    Alas, I too have never won. They probably receive orders from an obscene number of customers who do not post on the forum, but who do enter in the promotion. The fact that zero forum members appear to have won is a bit surprising though. Still, statistics with small numbers and all...
  • Options
    Anybody ever here if you entered more than once you would be disqualified for that particular contest? i thought that used to be on the contest rules although now it only says one entry per customer but nothing about disqualification.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Shirley, I'm surprised you haven't already set up a mail server for yourself, and generated a few hundred thousand e-mail addresses to throw at that contest.

I enter my e-mail address every time I get that pop-up, but I always wonder if any random, faceless customer actually wins. It's really just a mechanism to collect more e-mail addresses, and probably some statistics regarding visitor/purchase ratio.

Still, if you stop and consider the number of customers out there, it would be a little surprising if anybody posting up on this forum actually did win once. If you want a glimpse of the volume of people you're up against, spend a little time on a few of the cigar auction sites and try to inventory all the people there. You'll quickly realize that the people who have signed up on this forum (even the ones who never post) are but a tiny percentage of the traffic this site likely sees on a daily basis from a shopping perspective.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    They wouldn't need email addys to determine visitor:purchaser ratio. Of course, that's assuming they're taking full advantage of the info they've already got.

Oh, and I've never won, either. But then, I've never entered.
  • Options
    Pretty sure I've never won, although anything more than a week ago is always kinda blurry for me...
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    urbino:
    They wouldn't need email addys to determine visitor:purchaser ratio. Of course, that's assuming they're taking full advantage of the info they've already got.

Oh, and I've never won, either. But then, I've never entered.
    To be honest, I'd have to wonder if they even know what an access.log is... It seems odd considering the apparent size of their company, but I don't think anyone at the company is to up on IT stuff...

A few months back I sent them an email letting them know they had a serious security problem regarding their "blogs"... They were allowing ANY member to edit/post... As an example, I went in and added a word to the end of one of Alex's posts...

A few weeks later it still hadn't been addressed... So I emailed again...

Still nothing...

Finally on the third attempt they finally changed the permissions so that the average "joe" couldn't edit/create blog entries in there anymore...

I was a little disappointed... Not only did it take so long to get it taken care of, but I didn't even receive a reply email telling me thanks...
  • Options
    AZAZ Posts: 2
    I use 10 e-mail addresses 3 times a week and still not a mention of a winnerAngry [:@]
  • Options
    sanesane Posts: 151
    I've naver won, but I talked with someone there about it because their email verify is not RFC compliant (it marks emails with a plus (+) in them as not valid) and he made it sound like someone wins.
    And as pointed out there is thousands of hits to this page every day so it could be someone other then the group that post are the forum rather easily.
    To get an idea of how many hits they get a month check this site out: http://www.statsaholic.com/cigar.com
  • Options
    KamelyonKamelyon Posts: 109
    I feel like I've won every time I come to c.com....
  • Options
    Kamelyon I think you will be a General in no time (if you arn't already) Lol - all in fun
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I haven't won yet, but I have a feeling that's all about to change...

/holds pinky to lip
  • Options
    didn't they give away a box of camacho pre embargo smokes one time --- wonder who got those babies
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    didn't they give away a box of camacho pre embargo smokes one time --- wonder who got those babies
    Well with the way things go, it was probably some guy who stopped in one time only and bought one cigar. Wouldn't that be a kick in the balls?