Home General Discussion
Options

Butane insert in zippo?

Has anyone put one of those butane inserts into their old- school zippo lighter? And if so, how is it working out for you?

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Works great for me! Gmill sent me a Cowboys zippo and the insert as part of a bet we had and it works great!
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Zippo now sells a butane flip top. Looks like the original
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    beatnic:
    Zippo now sells a butane flip top. Looks like the original

I dont have one but all the guys in My Local B&M herf use them, they sell the inserts at several B&M around here....... seems to be ok if you like carrying a rock around in your pocket! LOL
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    any idea on the price of these bad boys?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    sol1821:
    any idea on the price of these bad boys?
    i think they are in the neighborhood of $15.

its not too bad. they have an "Awesome rate" of about 85% or so.

as in:
    85% of them are awesome and last for ever.

...and 15% of them will fail within a week.
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I have four of them, it's all I use. I purchased mine off of ebay from polkstreetdepot - they have other items as well.
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    i hope ccom dont mind me posting a link but as they dont sell it here they are $12 or $15 witrh a case.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/LIGHTER-RETROFIT-Z-plus-Insert-Replacement-Butane-/320583846302?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa449499e

they dont offer international shipping :(
  • Options
    AdcuriumAdcurium Posts: 179 ✭✭
    OK, I just picked one up at my local B&M. It was 11 bucks. It's not the Zippo brand, but it was designed for the zippo. The *** of this whole thing is that I was looking for my beloved zippo last night and couldn't find it. I bought the insert though, knowing my lighter will turn up sooner or later. In the meantime, I decided to bid on a nice one with the Freemason square and compass. Please.... don't bid just for the sake of watching me spend waaaay too much money on the dang thing...