Home Ratings & Reviews

Padilla Artemis

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
New cigar coming down the pipe from Padilla. Anyone heard anything?

Comments

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    All I know is what Ernesto has posted on facebook, which is not a whole lot more than the final prototype for the band and box art. I really enjoy just about everything from Padilla though so I am looking forward to this one.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Padilla Artemis, La Terraza, Legacies, and Cazadores Maduro will be the new lines coming out for Padilla. However, if you like the 1948, 68, or Habano, I suggest you stock up now. Those lines will be discontinued in order to make room for these new lines.

Here's a link to the news on Padilla.
    http://thecigarfeed.com/?p=4391
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you're kidding! Getting rid of 3 good to great cigars, instead of discontinuing the Obsidian? This must be really good, or a really terrible marketing plan.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I agree with Amos, if the want to cut something, Hybrid and Cazadores would have been my first choice
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I wonder if there will a Padilla "Apollo?" In my daydreams, I've always wanted to offer a line of cigars based on the Greek pantheon of gods.

I second the amazement that the Obsidian will not be discontinued.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    Padilla Artemis, La Terraza, Legacies, and Cazadores Maduro will be the new lines coming out for Padilla. However, if you like the 1948, 68, or Habano, I suggest you stock up now. Those lines will be discontinued in order to make room for these new lines.

Make Room? wtf? He needs to teach that philosophy to Gurkha(ba dum...ching), but really i love the 68, box purchase time!!!! Still would love to know more about this cigar, it has the "Dominus" lion on the band so i wonder if it will be a spin of the Dominus, another one of my all time favorites when i can afford them. Ahhh anticipation. But i Agree with yall, cut the Cazadores, hybrid and the mother effin OBSIDIAN!!!!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Hey I liked the Cazadores.
    Light 'em up.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JCizzle:
    Hey I liked the Cazadores.
    Yeah, I do too, although from what I've seen of other folks opinions there may be some consistency issues. The ones I've had have almost all been quite good, but it has sounded like maybe there were some underage ones that got loose.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    I don't understand it either, really. 1932 (thank God the 1932 isn't discontinuing), 1948, and the 68 lines are very dear to Ernesto and it was his way of honoring his father. Padilla is one of my favorite manufacturers, but I don't understand why he's not getting rid of the Obsidian, Achilles, or the Hybrid.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I love the 68. I wasn't in love with the 32. sounds like i need to revisit it.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Jetmech_63:
    wwhwang:

Make Room? wtf? He needs to teach that philosophy to Gurkha(ba dum...ching), but really i love the 68, box purchase time!!!! Still would love to know more about this cigar, it has the "Dominus" lion on the band so i wonder if it will be a spin of the Dominus, another one of my all time favorites when i can afford them. Ahhh anticipation. But i Agree with yall, cut the Cazadores, hybrid and the mother effin OBSIDIAN!!!!
    Where did you see an Artemis band with the lion on it? Last I saw the Artemis band had a deer on it, which would make far more sense for a cigar named after the Goddess of the Hunt...
    docbp87:
    Jetmech_63:
    wwhwang:

Where did you see an Artemis band with the lion on it? Last I saw the Artemis band had a deer on it, which would make far more sense for a cigar named after the Goddess of the Hunt...
    Artemis has the deer/stag on it. If I remember correctly, they're using the Dominus lion for the Legacies line.
    he just released the final band artwork and it has a Lion on it, not a Stag. Colors are brown and gold and it's a really nice looking band. It looks as if all his stuff is going to have a lion on it.
    dennisking:
    he just released the final band artwork and it has a Lion on it, not a Stag. Colors are brown and gold and it's a really nice looking band. It looks as if all his stuff is going to have a lion on it.
    Just wondering where you saw this? All of the recent band designs I've seen (variations on the lion band) have had a second band that refers to the Legacies line.
    do a friend request on Facebook. he's got the artwork in his pics. he just posted it the other day.
    Bummer. I like the Dominus style band, but the previous artwork, with the Stag on it, was awesome.
    everything new looks like it's coming with Lions. I have to say that I like this brand associated with Lions more than I like the other. Of course I speak of La Aurora. Just can't get in to their stuff. Maybe I'm not looking in the right direction.
    dennisking:
    everything new looks like it's coming with Lions. I have to say that I like this brand associated with Lions more than I like the other. Of course I speak of La Aurora. Just can't get in to their stuff. Maybe I'm not looking in the right direction.
    Tried the 107? 107 Lancero? 1495? 100 Anos?
    my B&M had the 107 on release day and I picked 2 up. I was pretty unimpressed. I would revisit it but probably in the lancero. Everything they do is so mild and my palate doesn't pick up a lot of the subtleties. I'm working on that but it will take time.
  • RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Posts: 106
    wwhwang:

Honestly, I would be surprised if Padilla really did discontinue these lines. Look at Rockys 1990 and 92 vintage....hes still going with those. Case in point as long as there is good money in it, they will likely keep making it. Even if the cigar is nowhere what it used to be. Although, Padilla did break it off with Pepin so maybe its not so far fetched. I think Padilla would be shooting himself in the foot a bit. Just my opinion.

-Regards and Long Ashes!
    RoyalCigars:
    wwhwang:

Honestly, I would be surprised if Padilla really did discontinue these lines. Look at Rockys 1990 and 92 vintage....hes still going with those. Case in point as long as there is good money in it, they will likely keep making it. Even if the cigar is nowhere what it used to be. Although, Padilla did break it off with Pepin so maybe its not so far fetched. I think Padilla would be shooting himself in the foot a bit. Just my opinion.

-Regards and Long Ashes!
    Ernesto may take advantage of the Online houses to market some lines exclusively there on the cheap... but he is certainly no Rocky, and has much more... cred.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    dennisking:
    my B&M had the 107 on release day and I picked 2 up. I was pretty unimpressed. I would revisit it but probably in the lancero. Everything they do is so mild and my palate doesn't pick up a lot of the subtleties. I'm working on that but it will take time.

1495s are really worth a shot. I'm usually not that big a fan either.

Like most, I would not like to see the '68 go.