Home Non Cigar Related

Please take a little bit of time and read this article.

ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/03/01/AR2011030106355.html?hpid=artslot&sid=ST2011030106452

I't kind of a longer article, but I think this is a must read. I'm not trying to start any kind of anything here, just passing along the word. I hope you find this article as moving as I did.

Comments

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    There are so many things this article makes me want to say. I am not really a sentimental kinda guy, but stories like this one really get me choked up. I try to keep my thoughts and beliefs to my self around here, but this article, and the issues discussed in it need to be shared.
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Sad, touching, and true.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Thanks for the link
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Read the article and it was pretty moving and an eye-opener. I really do think that sometimes we forget that our soldiers are currently fighting two active wars. I appreciate the father's comment saying that if you are going to dissent, then fight to bring them back home and not just sit there and complain and moan.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    sightunseen:
    Read the article and it was pretty moving and an eye-opener. I really do think that sometimes we forget that our soldiers are currently fighting two active wars. I appreciate the father's comment saying that if you are going to dissent, then fight to bring them back home and not just sit there and complain and moan.
    Yeah. I forget this. Everyone should be involved either supporting those fighting, or fighting to bring them home. I served and it was a good number of years ago now. It really didn't take long for normal life to make me forget what others are doing. Well not forget but dull maybe. This really is an eye opener. Thanks for posting.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    heart breaking story, my heart goes out to everybody...after coming back from Iraq it is a bit weird to be integrated back into civilian life...something I hope my kids won't have to do. I am very honored to have served this country though...one thing I will never forget.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm extremely touched. Thank you for bringing this article to our attention. And thank you for what you do.