Home Cigar 101
Options

Meet the New Guy...

jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
Whats up Ccom? I guess I can start with a Bio type shortend verison. Started smoking cigars on and off about 6 years. It was mostly a post Sportfishing venture. Sort of a Victory stogie. I would purchase them in singles or a few at a time from the local grotto. It wasn't until recently that I drove into the sport and purchased a humidor. I work and live in SoCal as a US Marine and sometimes ride my scoot to neighborings states. Good to meet you fellas and finding Ccom!

Comments

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Welcome from Florida to another type of brotherhood, the Brotherhood of the leaf. Thank you for your service and join in anywhere you like. Ccom forum is a great spot.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Welcome! Enjoy your time here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    mucho gust and Welcome to the forums. Check the socal herf post as it meets up in Temecula, which is close to you.
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Welcome! I am in Murrieta as well. You should definitely come to this months HERF in Temecula.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, welcome to the forum and the leaf. You'll probably need another humi if you are hanging here$. Thanks for serving.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to Ccom
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Welcome from one soldier to another....
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Welcome. Lots of military and ex-military on these forums.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome and thanks for serving.
  • Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Welcome to the family. Prior Marine here.
  • Options
    To all: Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to the Herfs in Temecula! Thats next door practically. To Nikostewart: Wish I could attend next month, but I'm in Afghanistan right now. I'll be here for a few more months. There are a few of us planning to visit a local grotto to finaly relax and enjoy and cigar the right way. Maybe we can all make it to Harf and make an event of it!
  • Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Where are you at in Astan?
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums...
  • Options
    rgalyon0911rgalyon0911 Posts: 53
    Welcome to the forums.
  • Options
    mfotis: I'm not sure if I can tell exactly where, but...every Marine comes in and out of this base. If you've had the glorious opportunity to see Afghanistan and all of it's beauty, you probably hit this base first before setting out to your final AOR.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome!  Please note that it is customary to have a Swisher Sweet upon joining ccom. 
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    welcome!  Please note that it is customary to have a Swisher Sweet upon joining ccom. 

No....really?
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    The vanilla flavored one
  • Options
    Nah...I'm good. Thanks for the suggestion though.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    The vanilla flavored one
    I didn't know they made Vanilla ones. I usually don't consider machined cigars. When I do smoke machined I buy from this company in San Antonio...only ones I will smoke in between shipments of my regulars