Home Cigar 101

infused cigars ?

gio164gio164 Posts: 180
I recently purchase some Tabak Especial Red Eye's and was wondering if I had to keep these seperate from my other cigars.

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Yes, sir, you do. It's best to segregate infused cigars from your others as the infused cigars will change the smell and taste of the non-infused cigars. Get a cheap 20 or 50 count and use that for your infused sticks.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I seperate! I use the humidor for my non-infused cigars and a tupperware with humipack for infused. I've never mixed cause I didn't want to contaminate the non-infused. Its nice to have a flavored cigar every now and again but I don't want them all to be that way.
  • upchayneupchayne Posts: 16
    i do not separate mine. i stick them all in the same humidor. i have not found that my non-infused taste has changed at all.
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    I have a stash of Kuba Kuba's and I keep them in the cello and have them sperated from the rest of my sticks but I keep them in the same humi, just under a different divider. I've had no problems with my other sticks tasting like the Kuba's. Just dont let them touch each other. IMO.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    The two infused ones I had were the ones you sent me (Acids) and I just threw them in with the others as well.
    Light 'em up.
  • BadBud6BadBud6 Posts: 13
    I don't keep them separate. I've not yet noticed any change in my Cohiba's or Cain Nubs and the Cohiba's have been in there for about 2 months with quite a few Drew Estate infused sticks.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I dunno. Back when I was just getting into it, I mixed some infused sticks I never smoked with some regular cigars, and I really noticed a difference in flavor.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    upchayne:
    i do not separate mine. i stick them all in the same humidor. i have not found that my non-infused taste has changed at all.
    take out all of the infused sticks for a week.
    then smell your humidor.
    if you can still smell it then it has effected your cigars.

you may not mind the change in your non-infused but there is some influence.
  • BadBud6BadBud6 Posts: 13
    kuzi16:
    upchayne:
    then smell your humidor.

I think I'll give that a try and see what happens. Although, I don't mind a little influence, especially if it enhances the flavor and may refine the palate a little more.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    gio164:
    I recently purchase some Tabak Especial Red Eye's and was wondering if I had to keep these seperate from my other cigars.
    I just use a ziploc bag w/ a water pillow in there for my tabaks.

"Long ashes my friends."

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    BadBud6:
    kuzi16:
    upchayne:
    then smell your humidor.

I think I'll give that a try and see what happens. Although, I don't mind a little influence, especially if it enhances the flavor and may refine the palate a little more.
    as with many things in the cigar world, its mind over matter.

if you dont mind, it doesnt matter