• Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Geno Capiletti
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, punt returner from the Falcons & Redskins
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Awesome guesses guys, but no right answer yet. I have to say that Guido Merkins is my favorite guess so far - way to dig up that name!

Another little mini-clue: the player in question did have one thing in common with Guido Merkins. Happy guessing - another clue will follow tomorrow if no one gets it by then.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vince Papale
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Jake Delhomme
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Isaac Bruce?
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    herb adderley
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    Al Bundy
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Slinging Sammy Baugh
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Stan Blinka
  • Options
    His NFL career was short. Although he did enjoy some success during his short pro career, he garnered more accolades in college. So I'd say he's much more likely to come up in a discussion of college ball as opposed to pro.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Chris SPielman The Great Ohio State Quarterback
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Joey Harrington
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Jamarcus russell
  • Options
    dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    Tim couch
  • Options
    Doug Flutie
  • Options
    George Rogers
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    dwayne3307:
    Tim couch

Freaking BUMB !!!! LOL Im a Cleveland Browns Die hard fan... Just saying
  • Options
    nikostewart:
    George Rogers
    Winner winner chicken dinner!! Nice guess man - I hadn't even gotten to some of the more telling clues yet.

I'm a huge South Carolina fan and have met George on a few occasions. He's really a super nice guy, has his own charitable foundation, and is super with the fans - always comes to the games (football, basketball, baseball), poses for pictures (usually with his Heisman Trophy in tow), signs autographs etc.

Alright niko, PM me your contact info. Congrats!!
  • Options
    Sweet!

Thanks for the contest! George seems to be a real hit around SC. It's always nice to see guys like that out there interacting with the community and not all ego. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Heavy:
    nikostewart:
    George Rogers
    Winner winner chicken dinner!! Nice guess man - I hadn't even gotten to some of the more telling clues yet.

I'm a huge South Carolina fan and have met George on a few occasions. He's really a super nice guy, has his own charitable foundation, and is super with the fans - always comes to the games (football, basketball, baseball), poses for pictures (usually with his Heisman Trophy in tow), signs autographs etc.

Alright niko, PM me your contact info. Congrats!!

Heavy, that was fun. Found myself remembering alot of guys I forget about you. Nice contest.
  • Options
    Yeah, thanks to everyone that played and threw out some awesome guesses! Some brought back memories. I have to admit that I even had to google a couple of them lol
  • Options
    Just thought of another connection to cigars, George Rogers and the Gamecocks:

Pretty much the first cigars I ever smoked were while tailgating for football games. Me and some buddies decided to try some and took them to tailgate before the game. We won, so being the superstitious idiots that we are, we decided we had to smoke one before every game.

The name of the cigar: 'Fighting C.ock' of course (don't think I'd touch them with a 10-foot pole today, but you gotta start somewhere). (damn auto-censor - can't say c.o.c.k lol)
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Bum Phillips once said that Guido Merkins was the only player on the team who was guarantied a roster spot. LOL. George Rogers was a horse.
  • Options
    dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    Redtailhawkoz:
    dwayne3307:
    Tim couch

Freaking BUMB !!!! LOL Im a Cleveland Browns Die hard fan... Just saying
    Sorry for pouring salt on that wound!!!