Home General Discussion
Options

Illusione

I was wondering whether anyone has tried this line of cigars. I had heard about them and couldn't find much on the web, until I found a shop (no names, i promise) that carried them. I ordered them yesterday and they arrived today in a vacuum sealed pack with humidipak in with them. I was impressed, but then again, the shop and I are in the same state. Either way...

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. They look very well constructed, I don't know if I can wait a day to try one.

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    no experience with these
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    These are a fantastic stick. Reminds me of the ISOMS that I have smoked. Wonderful flavors, full bodied, flawless construction.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey.. I agree with Van here.. These do have a wonderful flavor profile, with constantly changing variety. The burn was a bit off on all that I smoked (6), and they came a little chipped due to the fact they were shipped without cello. Worth the price, and I liked them fresh as aging blends the flavors so that you will miss the variation fresh provides. I still have two with about five months on them.. It may be time to give them another try.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    I had the cg4 and was unimpressed with the burn and had to keep messing with it. this threw the flavor off. I have access to more but i keep not wanting them because of a bad first encounter.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Try again Kuzi, I have never had issues with the CG:4
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    So, I could not resist, and tried the Illusione 68 (44 X 4). With such small size, I was surprised by how well this cigar was constructed. No big noticeable knots or bulges. It seemed to be packed and yet held shape very well. The prelight smell was kinda sweet. The lick on the cap didn't reveal any noticeable flavor. I cut the cigar using a v-cutter and the prelight draw was a bit tight, but doable. Not too surprising with how packed this little thing was.

It took a bit of an effort to get this thing lit well, but after a little work it got started very nicely. The first few puffs were filled with a spicy, earthy tingle. As this thing burned on, it seemed to change noticeably with every draw (about 1-2 minutes apart) The spiciness began to subside a bit as the earthy/nutty flavors began to develop after the first few draws. I took a nice long drive with this cigar and had some very interesting/involved music on the whole time, yet this cigar held my attention the whole time, the music took the backseat. After about 3/4" in I decided to drop the first ash. It was holding steady, but driving, I thought I would be better fit to do so. A few moments later I blew through for the first time and almost immediately caught the most pronounced scent of a deep cocoa. I've noticed it before, but never really this pronounced. It rang true with the next draw and the note lasted a few more draws until it began to give way to more earthy/peat-ish note. The cocoa would linger in this as this peat like note got deeper. The v-cut seemed to work well for this (not a cut I normally use), the cigar seemed to be packed with very noticeable flavors, and the cut seemed to focus them well. I smoked it until there was a little over 1/2" left...it was burning my chubby fingers.

It did have a small issue with the burn that required me to pull over and touch it up once, but it evened out immediatly and didn't seem to have any bearing on the experience. The cigar stayed lit the whole time and lasted just over an hour and 10 minutes. Was a fun and engaging smoke and I can't wait to smoke the others I got.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I believe that is a great evaluation of the illusion cigars. Flavorful, interesting, and certainly worth a try. It may not become my everyday cigar, but if you can find them pick it up for sure..