Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Spicy corona! Great size for a small commute.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lottery winnings from Brad/Chemnitz! Thanks bro!image
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoked a MOW Dark Horse....interesting, not bad, certainly didn't feel like spice Bomb
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    You suck lol
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Smoked a MOW Dark Horse....interesting, not bad, certainly didn't feel like spice Bomb
    First impression was it was nothing special. More research to follow...
  • Options
    Didn't know whether to focus the cigar or the calendar! Since this is a cigar forum ( mostly anyway ) , I went wit the cigar!image
  • Options
    cbuck:
    Didn't know whether to focus the cigar or the calendar! Since this is a cigar forum ( mostly anyway ) , I went wit the cigar!image
    Nice Buck! How about w second pic featuring the calendar then haha, you will have both bases covered that way :P
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Great choice and very jealous lol, I'm working but at least I have tomorrow off. Enjoy that tasty Kelner treat :)
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

And is box pressed with a great draw.
  • Options
    Glad you enjoy it JD, have a great one :)
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Dated 2010, the flavor was consistent and seem fuller with still a nice pop. I really thought the strength was going to be down on this, smh, lol.

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I don't do pix but because today was one of the rare days when the temperature was above freezing (34 in fact) I decided to take my lunchtime constitutional and see if a stogie would stay lit, a challenge since mid-December.

Since I didn't have a lot of faith, I decided to try one that I knew nothing about. It was a Carlos Torano 1916. Since I'm pretty sure this came to me in a trade, I knew absolutely nothing about this model. In general, I'm not a huge fan of Toranos; the Exodus 1959 is the only one I've found decent. So I had very low expectations.

So, I was very pleasantly surprised when the first thing I sensed upon lighting it was a very sweet taste on the wrapper. Could it possible be Cameroon? I'm not expert on this stuff, but it seemed to be a mild-medium strength, with muted spaces and some nice floral notes--the kind of smoke I prefer. The relatively small ring size (I think it was a Robusto, but not sure) pushed the wrapper front and center, which is how I'm coming to prefer cigars. Overall, a very nice smoke that didn't go out during my entire walk.
  • Options
    raisindot:
    Sorry, I don't do pix but because today was one of the rare days when the temperature was above freezing (34 in fact) I decided to take my lunchtime constitutional and see if a stogie would stay lit, a challenge since mid-December.

Since I didn't have a lot of faith, I decided to try one that I knew nothing about. It was a Carlos Torano 1916. Since I'm pretty sure this came to me in a trade, I knew absolutely nothing about this model. In general, I'm not a huge fan of Toranos; the Exodus 1959 is the only one I've found decent. So I had very low expectations.

So, I was very pleasantly surprised when the first thing I sensed upon lighting it was a very sweet taste on the wrapper. Could it possible be Cameroon? I'm not expert on this stuff, but it seemed to be a mild-medium strength, with muted spaces and some nice floral notes--the kind of smoke I prefer. The relatively small ring size (I think it was a Robusto, but not sure) pushed the wrapper front and center, which is how I'm coming to prefer cigars. Overall, a very nice smoke that didn't go out during my entire walk.
    Pretty positive it's a Cemroon and if memory serves correct it is one of Tony (0Patience's) all time fav cigars for a good Cameroon.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    RYJ porto real
  • Options
    J D Howard Reserve. An awesome smoke to start my vacation! 5 inches of snow now, but in 24 hours, 75 and SUNNY! image
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    The best mornings start like this ^. Lot 23 connie and coffee. If they could just figure out a way to get the bands to come off without getting stuck and ripping into three pieces.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
  • Options
    This was my morning cigar.... Voodoo Doughnut Cigar :)

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:

Now the beer by Rogue makes sense. Pink bottle and the logo. Never knew it was a real doughnut shop
  • Options
    rsherman24:
    90+ Irishman:

Now the beer by Rogue makes sense. Pink bottle and the logo. Never knew it was a real doughnut shop
    Best doughnuts I've ever had hands down, also had the classic Voodoo one as well, yummy!

• Options
    La Duena, in Orlando! Good cigar, but location could be helping that!image
  • Options
  • Options
    Avo! Always awesome! 5 more days in Orlando! Then back to 12 degrees! image
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kicking off SuperBowl day. Thanks Jeremy