Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a great cigar for the money, I think I'll have to light one up too this morning. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    @Stubble, I'm glad you enjoyed it.  Unfortunately, my morning took a different turn and I had to cover for someone else and drive down to Gilroy so no time for a morning cigar... maybe this afternoon.

It was @jliu's review on Developing Palates that made me decide to try the Charter Oak Conny Shade.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    @Stubble, I'm glad you enjoyed it.  Unfortunately, my morning took a different turn and I had to cover for someone else and drive down to Gilroy so no time for a morning cigar... maybe this afternoon.

It was @jliu's review on Developing Palates that made me decide to try the Charter Oak Conny Shade.
    You grab some garlic while you were there?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    No time, but my second stop was a communication site on top of one of the hills above Morgan Hill with some beautiful views.  Back home now smoking a Charter Oak and eating lunch while waiting for some contractors to show up.
  • Options
    Contractor came early, interrupted my Charter Oak, so the second half was a bit hosed, but not a total loss once I relit.  
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had any success relighting cigars. They always taste like crap after.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning everyone! Hoyo Epicure 2! Great!image
    image.jpg 1002.4K
  • Options
    Uncle Lee! Nice!image
    image.jpg 1002.6K
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    La Aurora Cameroon. Good morning folks.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Finding out I'm getting a new roof for $1k just made this Gurkha Hudson Bay Churchill taste way better than it is, I'm sure. 
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skel said:
    I have reliable them with success. I think cutting the ash off may help with the taste. Anyone else find this true?

I read that somewhere on the inerwebs and have tried it. Cutting above the ash and exhaling the cigar made it taste fine when I relit a couple hours later. Same place I read about cutting said it is only good for 24hrs or less.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:
    Skel said:
    I have reliable them with success. I think cutting the ash off may help with the taste. Anyone else find this true?

I read that somewhere on the inerwebs and have tried it. Cutting above the ash and exhaling the cigar made it taste fine when I relit a couple hours later. Same place I read about cutting said it is only good for 24hrs or less.
    I have found the most important thing is to purge the cigar by blowing back through it.  I do this several times before I re-light. Usually don't have any issues after doing this. 
  • Options
    Finding out I'm getting a new roof for $1k just made this Gurkha Hudson Bay Churchill taste way better than it is, I'm sure. 
    New roof for $1k?  What, do you live in a shed, that's great.

I've had much better luck with relighting cigars in the past but I wasn't as diligent this time when I set the cigar down and later picked it back up.  Serves me right, I suppose.

Good morning, morning crew, I'm enjoying an Ave Maria Argentum Morning Star this morning on the Man Patio with a cup of Kenya coffee, and I finally have my patio table put back together after the Wife painted the metal parts, much more room out here in back.  I put it together yesterday afternoon only to find that I had made a mistake so I had to tear it down and put it back together again with the band flipped over so that it fit the glass top right.

Rain's back in CA, the wind blowing in the storm last night was so bad that it knocked some things down on the patio and I came outside to move some stuff, God willing and the creeks don't rise, we'll get through this.  Praying for Butte County downstream of the Oroville Dam.

• Options
    Southern Draw Quick Draw Habano
  • Options
    Good morning everyone! Murcias Especial! Nice!image
    image.jpg 1015.8K
  • Options
    Morning Edward! Oliva G this morning! Nice!image
  • Options
    ^just received a box of Oliva G robusto, one of my favorites.
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Friday everyone  :)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Viaje Circa 45! New to me! Liking it so far! Good morning everyone!image
  • Options
    Tatuaje Black Label Cazadores
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    Torano Vault Silver! Nice!image
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning everyone. A little wet this morning but still going to be a great day  :)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln