Home Ratings & Reviews

5 Vegas Triple A

First review so let's see how this goes.

I acquired one of these in a smapler pack a little while ago. Let it rest for about a week since you never know what mailing one to Iraq has done to it. The wrapper was pristine; no discolorations, dimples, or soft spots. Very rich aromas of earth, with a little sweetness.

The stick had a very nice slow, even burn. Very smooth draw with thick, aromatic, velvety smoke. It was just a bit harsh off the light, but improved dramatically after the first few draws.

Very consistent flavors of earth and wood, with fine undertones of sweetness, nuts, and a perfect hint of spice.

All in all an outstanding cigar, that has a regular place in my rotation. Set several off to the side to see how they do with some mild and heavier aging.

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice description, reflects my experience with this cigar as well.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I do enjoy this stick. Some here think that it is not that good but I find it to have a very nice refined flavor and excellent burn. I always enjoy them.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe I haven't had one of these yet. Apparently some decent age does them wonders.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Mmmmmm earth and wood...
    Light 'em up.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    fla-gypsy:
    I do enjoy this stick. Some here think that it is not that good but I find it to have a very nice refined flavor and excellent burn. I always enjoy them.
    I agree Gypsy. But I have found they are Waaaaay better after a couple of months resting.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    fla-gypsy:
    I agree Gypsy. But I have found they are Waaaaay better after a couple of months resting.
    Agreed, Doug. These smokes are really awesome after they sit for a while. I had a bunch I traded away a little while ago with a year or so on them. Great smoke and I'm kinda wishing I had kept a couple haha
  • RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Posts: 106
    This is a great all around smoke. One of my go-to lines. Also probably one of the best values on ccom. Its these, CAO Brazilia and the Diesel UC....I always try to keep these three well stocked. Nice review!

-Regards and Long Ashes!

• Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you guys. I really like this smoke.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Love this stick! I have a box with over a year on them now and they are fantastic!
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    I actually just had my first one of these today and I wasn't impressed at all... It'll sound weird but the taste it seemed to give me was a silvery metallic taste. The only thing I can really compare it to was if you cut the inside of your lip just enough to get one drop of blood... the silvery aftertaste from blood...

This cigar tasted like blood O.O
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Typically a good stick. That spice blast after lighting is powerfull tho.
  • Bishop88Bishop88 Posts: 13
    I've gone through about 30 of these in the past 4 months...so none with more than a month or so age on them.  All around fantastic full-bodied cigar, but a little much for some folks (read my buddy who got half-way through one and called it quits).  Terrific draw, beutiful wrapper/construction, excellent burn...pretty much all the good stuff you like in a cigar regardless of flavor.  And if you like full-bodied, then go for it.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    mmmmmmmmmmm PA Broadleaf maduro!!!
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    I'm w Shotgun on this one....nothing like some nice PA Bradleaf. I tried these about 6 months ago and smoked one ROTT and it had a kick but was tasty. I am interested in trying them now after some rest.