Home Cigar 101
Options

Habano Wrapper?

2»

Comments

• Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Many Maduro wrappers are dyed with color or molasses. In fact, Padron use some San Andres Maduro wrapper but never want to admit it. That’s what an insider told me from the Padron cigar factory so please don't quote me on this.
    GLPartoyan:
    Great point about the dyeing of leaf to "make" maduro.  Reminds me of why Padron's maduro wrappers stand-out as being so excellent--they are reportedly a truly natural maduro.  BTW, I usually prefer the natural wrapper Padrons to their maduros, but I love the FR 45 and 80 Years w/maduro.  Cheers!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh I prefer a good Habano Sungrown over a maddy anyway.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Holy necro, batman!! A thread from 2008 brought up again; lots of old names in the first few pages of that thread that you don't see around these parts anymore
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    Holy necro, batman!! A thread from 2008 brought up again; lots of old names in the first few pages of that thread that you don't see around these parts anymore
    I love when this happens. A thread that I would probably never search sends me on a 2 hour wrapper leaf tangent last night.

As for Habano wrappers, I love them.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I remember reading a post of Alex's where he said that once the leaves are separated after the 2nd fermentation they are very blotchy looking and that they run them through a water solution where the colors bleed out and and become more uniform.