Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

INSANITY workout contest! (phase one)

To steal the idea from JoeyJoe, I have decided to do my own workout contest. I started the Insanity workout today. I weighed in at a very hefty 246.6 pounds. This is the heaviest I have been since early 2006 and I decided that I really need to start losing weight again.

The workout plan calls for fitness test every 2 weeks to gauge your progress and keep motivation high. I will be doing weigh-ins every day before the fitness test and update my progress on here. Phase one of the contest will be for the first month, ending on April 3rd. This is when I will do the official weigh-in for the first give-away. The second month will end on May 8th, and I will do my second official weigh-in and give-away then.

The rules are simple, 25 post minimum and good traders list only. One guess per person for each month/phase of the contest. Guess the total pounds I will lose and the closest one wins. I have a little special treat coming from a brother in the north (PSD4 might sound familiar to some of you) that I will be sure to include in the winning packages.

Good luck to all, especially myself! Let the guessing begin!

Comments

• Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    20 lbs lost ( weigh in at 226.6 lbs) on April 3rd, Best of luck!!!
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I'll say 26 pounds so that you weigh 220.6-ish by April 3rd
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    28 pounds on the April 3rd weigh in. Best of luck!
  • Options
    MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    I'm going to go out on a limb here (don't take it as an insult) but i say, less then 2 pounds and you quit the program because you are in no shape (other then round :) [what! it's a shape]) to handle the intense training.

All the best for trying but 246 lbs, unless you're 6'7" it sounds like you have done your fare share of barbeque ribs.

Please prove me wrong and I'll send you sticks.

As a backup, when you're done proving me wrong, I say 23 (223 lbs) pounds by 1st weigh in and you weigh 188 at the end of the program. :)
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    Im going to say 19 Pounds my friend...and ur welcome for the idea!
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    I have done both workouts and can tell you that they both work very well if done properly ! Good luck to you guys !
  • Options
    dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    I'll guess 18lbs. Good luck
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    12.5lbs
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    Insanity is pretty insane - I've done it once and my wife is about to finish up her second round. I'm going to guess by the first weigh in you would have loss 16.7 lbs which should put you at 229.9 lbs overall. If you stick to the meal plan you'll be amazed at the results. I feel that you really start to drop weight when you hit the second phase of the workout.
  • Options
    21 lbs.....good luck bro
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    HOLLY S#IT this workout is rough! I am realizing just how out of shape I really am :-P So far all is good though. I am REALLY sore, but that was expected and it should be over this weekend. The diet is going well so far, except that I put too much hot sauce on my lunch and I have hella bad heart burn haha. I am already noticing that I feel much better, especially in the mornings. Thanks for the well wishes, fellas, I really need the motivation!
  • Options
    Mperconte:
    I'm going to go out on a limb here (don't take it as an insult) but i say, less then 2 pounds and you quit the program because you are in no shape (other then round :) [what! it's a shape]) to handle the intense training.

All the best for trying but 246 lbs, unless you're 6'7" it sounds like you have done your fare share of barbeque ribs.

Please prove me wrong and I'll send you sticks.

As a backup, when you're done proving me wrong, I say 23 (223 lbs) pounds by 1st weigh in and you weigh 188 at the end of the program. :)
    Does it help if I tell you that I used to be pretty strong? I was repping over 600 pounds in the parallel squat (650+ on a really good day), around 800 deadlift, a little over 350 on the flat bench. And that was all AT LEAST 3 sets of 5 reps. I used to weigh 264 at my heaviest and people would be shocked that I didn't weigh more than 210. People still think I weigh 210, even at 246. I'm not nearly as strong as I used to be, but a good portion of that muscle is still there though, just not as much as I would like to have kept. I used to be quite the gym rat up until about January 2009 (back then it was all lifting though, not a lot of cardio). I also used to run a 12:30 2-mile, back in 2007/2008 when I was really trying to slim down. I have kinda let myself get in to a bad routine, working out hard for a month and then taking a month or two off, and thus basically starting from zero again every couple of months. I am really close to getting out of the Army though and I have decided to whip myself in to shape again (for the ladies...) and get rid of as much of the beer belly I can. In all reality, I know quite a bit about training and overall healthy living, it's just so much easier to not worry about it.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    HOLLY S#IT this workout is rough! I am realizing just how out of shape I really am :-P So far all is good though. I am REALLY sore, but that was expected and it should be over this weekend. The diet is going well so far, except that I put too much hot sauce on my lunch and I have hella bad heart burn haha. I am already noticing that I feel much better, especially in the mornings. Thanks for the well wishes, fellas, I really need the motivation!

That's the spirit, stick with it. You ask for that pain, you dove in to that pain. Slowly but surely, you'll see the difference you made for yourself. Don't be surprised, but we all are rooting for you to meet your goal. That's all the motivation you really need from us (BOTL's). The rest is on you to stick to that meal plan and think about that goal of yours. The more you make yourself complete the workout, the more you become more confident.
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    ejenne87:

That's the spirit, stick with it. You ask for that pain, you dove in to that pain. Slowly but surely, you'll see the difference you made for yourself. Don't be surprised, but we all are rooting for you to meet your goal. That's all the motivation you really need from us (BOTL's). The rest is on you to stick to that meal plan and think about that goal of yours. The more you make yourself complete the workout, the more you become more confident.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about! I really look forward to the pain, it's a nice reminder that I am actually making progress. My goal is to get back to 190 pounds, and stay there this time...