Home Cigar 101

5-Vegas Limitada 2009 questions

The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
Looking for some different sticks to age would these be good? If they were made in 2009 they already have some age on them, correct. $200/box is quite steep for this brand and I was wondering if anyone has tried these, if they liked them, and their thoughts.

Comments

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Only had one and it was fairly fresh - my thoughts were that these NEED age but may not necessarily be that much better with age. It seemed like it had some aging potential but it was tough to tell with this one. I'll have to go back and revisit this one this summer. $200 is probably way too much. Try to snag them without the box. They should go for roughly $3-4 a piece.

The 08 was good and has aged fairly well. The 10 was my favorite so far and should age well. All can be had for similar prices, so I'd say try to score 10 packs of each. Smoke one or two sets each year for 5 or 10 years and see how they develop.
  • i had one 2009 it was good but the 2010 was great imo, the 2009 in 10 bucks a stick while the 2010 in 6 bucks a stick, i had one 2008 and the draw was so tight but the flavors were good. But i would go with the 2010 cheaper and tasted better to me.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    The 2009 has probably been my least favorite of the 5 Vegas Limitadas. If you want a good 5 Vegas for aging, my recommendation would be the Cask Strength II's, excellent sticks, really cool box, and only about $100.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I think the 2009 was probably one of the weaker offerings of the Limitada years, I don't know if that opinion had changed with age as I have not tried one recently. As the others mentioned though, the 2010 is very good and doesn't even really need rest to be good, can't say the same about the '07 or '08, though I've come to enjoy both of those with 2-3 years on them.