Home Ratings & Reviews

noobie with a Gurkha Grand Envoy

RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
I don't know where to start. I had my second Gurkha. I wasn't to thrill with the first one I had. But this one was very tasty to me. It was in my humidor since January. Tonight, I fire it up. It would have been a good experience, except for all the touch ups I had to make on it. Now I know being a noobie, I'm not going to know all the flavors and textures of a cigar right away. But what made this bad was the constant re-lighting of the cigar. If it wasn't for that, I would probably say it was a VERY GOOD CIGAR for ME as far as the flavor goes. Is this something common with this cigar? I found myself enjoying what I think was earthy, with a light cinnamon taste throughout. I started to get tired of the constant re-lighting and I put it down after a little pass the half way point. Please, someone tell me that it was a bad stick or that I'm right with what I think.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Dude the Grand Envoy is one of the best Gurkha I've had.
    Whats your humidity, I've never had a burn issue with the Grand Envoy.

• RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:

It stays around 69- 70. Like I was trying to say, I was enjoying it. But it kept having burn problems. Could it have been just a bad stick? So, don't give up on it? I have two more in my humidor.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    RCY Cigars:
    stephen_hannibal:

It stays around 69- 70. Like I was trying to say, I was enjoying it. But it kept having burn problems. Could it have been just a bad stick? So, don't give up on it? I have two more in my humidor.
    NO don't give up... Let them age for awhile. I have some with almost a year on them and OMG they are amazing.

stephen_hannibal:
    RCY Cigars:
    stephen_hannibal:

NO don't give up... Let them age for awhile. I have some with almost a year on them and OMG they are amazing.

Okay, I'll take that advice. Thanks...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    get the humidity down to the 66-68 range and you will burn better.
    kuzi16:

What about my other cigars? Or do you think that would be better for them also?
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I try to keep mine around the 66 range, as well. Don't have many burn issues. I haven't had that Gurkha yet...
    Light 'em up.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    RCY Cigars:
    kuzi16:

Following the advice of the folks on this forum, I have kept my supply at 65-67% and they all burn great (except for the occasional bum stick of course).
    Duder2:
    RCY Cigars:
    kuzi16:

Following the advice of the folks on this forum, I have kept my supply at 65-67% and they all burn great (except for the occasional bum stick of course).

I'm still trying to work it out Duder2. It usually stays around 68-72. Somewhere in that range. I use the Boveda bags. I ordered some 65's last night.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    I keep my humidity around 63-66% and do just fine with burn, however, I have heard of people going as low as 60%...