Home General Discussion

Black Friday???

So what do you think? Will ccom do something "special" for their one day deal next friday? Like a "super special one day deal"? LOL

Comments

• rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    I certainly hope so. I have been holding on to my birthday bonus from them for a Friday offer that really got me and I am needing to use it soon.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    come on cigar.com, gurhkas..??? Opus's... eh worth a try.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    When they did Gurkhas back in May, they said they usually only do them a couple times a year, so maybe this will be the other time. I'm keepin my fingers crossed.
    I almost picked up a few today but I forgot about black friday so I'm hoping... Though the beast 5 pack was fantastic!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i hope it is the 5 vegas cask II
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Seconded.
  • I third that choice def one i want to try. lol
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'm hoping they do a really good deal on some Padrons. One of my favorite smokes and don't seem many big deals on them that often...
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    have not tried the padrons yet. looking forward to that. what would you rec first puro?
    I personally like the 3000 Maduro. Of course the 1926 or the 1964 Aniv. are both BIG favorites for many people. I have a couple in the Humi, but haven't tried either of them yet. A little spendy and need a good special occasion for one of those! haha
    yea i was looking at the 1924 - sounds good. will give the 3000 maduro a try. thanks for the tip
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Padrons are generally so inexpensive it almost seems as though it would be pointless to run a special on them. Unless of course you're talking 1926 and 1964 editions, that's a horse of a different color.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    mmmmmmm..... GOOD CALL!!! ;)
    Is the 5 Vegas Cask II that good? I haven't ever seen them and still don't know where to get any outside of a sampler on here and another site...
    I hope we get a heads up...
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Well, given their current "two day" 10% off promotion, I'd be willing to bet it'll be pretty good... My guess is the current promotion was geared to get people to place an order early, then offer an "unpassable" deal for the friday special that will generate more orders (hopefully many of whom already placed an order with the 10% off special) and get twice as many orders... ;)

Sounds good anyway... LOL
    two day 10% off, where? Or does it start tomorrow?
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Have you checked your email? It's combinable with the COTMC discount too, so the 10th Anniversary sampler is only $80.96 instead of $99.95. Damn you CCOM!
    lol, eh I have to check that email more..
    So the one day deal is up, but it says on order, however you can still put it in your cart, anyone ever order something that said "on order"?
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Yeah, it just means they haven't arrived in the warehouse yet, and they will fill orders when they come in. I'm gonna pass, Ghurkas have disappointed me too many times.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I've had this particular Gurkha and wasn't impressed. I got 4 or 5 of them so it may be that they need to age some. I'll try another one in a few months.
    even though thats a hefty discount i'm not impressed with this offer - and now even less so since some of you don't like/reccomend these sticks. i was expecting something more exciting. (makes bitter beer face)
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311

The only Gurkha I have enjoyed really and would buy more of is the Legend Perfecto, the other ones I would not recommend. But tastes are subjective.

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    So the one day deal is up, but it says on order, however you can still put it in your cart, anyone ever order something that said "on order"?
    Hey squirrel, I have ordered one day specials that are " on order"..You will get them at the sale price, but it may take an extra day or two..They just oversold their current inventory.
    nice to know.. yeah I looked at some reviews and I don't think I'd like them too much. I too was hoping for more of a "something".
  • Me too. This is a somewhat disappointing sale for a black friday type of deal. I thought they'd do something crazy. anyone know of any good Black Friday deals?
    haven't really found any. though normally I would love to get the gurhkas and it's a great deal, I don't know if 10 of them would be up my alley.
  • Agreed. Plus I couldn't fathom spending 100 dollars for 10 cigars that seem to have quite the mixed review. I have seen a few decent deals at CI. But thats about it. Well if anyone spots anything super good please inform us all!!!
    Yea, I am very disapointed about this deal too... I like a good deal on the Gurkhas but this time of year with all the other expenses $100 for 10 smokes is a bit much. Oh well, maybe some other time and some other deal...