Home Ratings & Reviews

Private Stock?

wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
Hey guys. I've been looking for more affordable Davidoff blends since the Winston Churchill line is very pricey. I know that some of the AVO lines are affordable, but I've been wondering if the Private Stock line is worth it (both medium and long filler lines). Any input would be appreciated.

Comments

• Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    I know what you mean on the price...saw a bunch of Davis at my local B&M and the prices were pretty high...enjoyed the davidoff maduro though...can't imagine what the price would be in Canada...
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    For me, they're somewhere between ok and good. Certainly not a bad value, but if you want to experience the flavors and complexity of what Davidoff does with cigars these probably won't do that. I'd look into Zino Classics if you want a taste of it without breaking the bank.
  • asolomonasolomon Posts: 128
    Russ55:
    For me, they're somewhere between ok and good. Certainly not a bad value, but if you want to experience the flavors and complexity of what Davidoff does with cigars these probably won't do that. I'd look into Zino Classics if you want a taste of it without breaking the bank.
    Exactly. They're decent cheap (very affordable) CTs, but aren't quite up there with Davidoffs. When I first started smoking cigars, the guy at my then-local B&M would recommend them to me and my friends, so for a year or so we smoked almost nothing else, lol. So I have a soft spot in my heart for them.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    I am not sure about Davidoff they are just out of my price range. I did recently order a couple Private Stocks and I like them. Smoke smooth all the way to the end. I now wish i had ordered the Toro isntead of the Robusto...would of loved having another inch or so to smoke.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    I am not sure about Davidoff they are just out of my price range. I did recently order a couple Private Stocks and I like them. Smoke smooth all the way to the end. I now wish i had ordered the Toro isntead of the Robusto...would of loved having another inch or so to smoke.
    Another cigar that Davidoff makes and won't break the bank is The Griffins, decent price point and quite tasty.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    MTuccelli:
    Another cigar that Davidoff makes and won't break the bank is The Griffins, decent price point and quite tasty.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to get some in my next order