Home Cigar 101
Options

How long do you guys wait before smoking?

Hey guys, I was just wondering how long you guys waited to smoke your cigars after putting them in your humi. At the moment I've got a self-imposed rule of waiting at least 1 month after I put a particular cigar in my humi for most cigars except for maduros, since I've heard they don't benefit much from aging. I'm waiting one month for most all of my singles, and with larger packs (pretty much anything more than 5 cigars) I'll smoke one when I get it, one in a few months, and then save another for a year or so.

Do you guys have any rules for how long you'll wait to smoke a cigar after buying it?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    No rules in particular. When I buy some cigars, let's say a box for the sake of the example, I will usually smoke on within about a week. If it seems like the cigar is showing signs of youth such as unbalanced flavor, any sort of bite or bitterness I will put them away for a minimum of 90 days. Aside from that, if a cigar smokes well then it is fair game.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I let everything rest for a couple of weeks, but after that, I smoke whatever I'm in the mood for, or whatever strikes my fancy when I open the humi. Unless it's something special I'm budgeting myself on.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if i get a cigar at the B&M with friends there then 0 days

if i get a cigar and take it home and it enters my humidor... 6 weeks minimum.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I usually buy 2 of everything, or more, and when I do buy something that is new to me, I put them both in the humi and usually try to smoke one of them ASAP but I have so many that are sitting in the "waiting to smoke" area that I won't be getting to it for some time. I use the 90 day rule for a lot of smokes, but if it feels good or if I get it at my local store I'll be smoking it sooner.