Home General Discussion
Options

Post Cigar Pics

Comments

• Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I asked them and the answer was- the wrapper had caramel and they export it in Libya.
  • Options
    image Making Casa Magna in Placencia factory, Estali, Nicaragua
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    image Making Casa Magna in Placencia factory, Estali, Nicaragua
    i saw the same lady!
    when were you there?
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Wait, I thought those were made at the matasa factory? Plasencia makes those?
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    I wish I had a thousand sticks laying around...
    I'd be lying if I didn't just now do the math and count all them suckers....
  • Options
    Matasa runs by Fonseca and Plasencia runs by Nestor Plasencia whos factory makes Casa Magna. During this tour I went both in Padron and Plasencia facotry and discovered that the operation in Placensia is alteast three times bigger than Padron. However, I could easily tell that Padron's quality control is superior compares to Plasecia. This factory makes Casa Magna, 5 Vegas, HC many brands. I believe you can also make your own cigar here under your own brand. Padron is exclusive. I also learned that Rocky Patel actually doesn't own any factory they leased one of Plasencia's factory in Nicaragua. I will post more pictures.
  • Options
    I was there a month or two ago. I remember a group came from NY. Were you a member of that group who came to have launch with us?
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just some pics I took today:

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    rzaman:
    I was there a month or two ago. I remember a group came from NY. Were you a member of that group who came to have launch with us?
    i was there at the end of January. i was there from the 22th - 28th. (i think). we spent most of the nights at Hotel Los Arcos.
  • Options

• Options
    uh... alien... ive been looking for the Xikar defiance cigar for a bit. is that your picture or did you find it online?
  • Options
    My pic. I bought a box of them back in the summer of '09, only have those 5 left.
  • Options
    Hi Kuzi, I wish I knew you then. If you come here again let me know. I will invite you to my man cave. I will be here two more years.
  • Options
    rzaman:
    Hi Kuzi, I wish I knew you then. If you come here again let me know. I will invite you to my man cave. I will be here two more years.
    wait.... you LIVE in nicaragua?
  • Options
    Yes my friend. I work for the USG.
  • Options
    rzaman:
    Yes my friend. I work for the USG.
    nice. i hope to go back at some point. the country is wonderful. the people are better.
    i will keep everyone posted on my return voyage when i can get to it.
    we will have to hit that two level Cuban Restaurant in Estali, smoke a cigar and drink some flor de cana
  • Options
    I am in Managua. We have a cigarZone here as well as one in Estali. Flor De Cana is good but Guatemalan Ron Zacapa is even better. Let me know when you are here. My man cave has everything and I can proudly say that my cigar collection is the the largest and finest private collection in Nicaragua-:)
  • Options
    iduno... Johnathan Drew has one impressive collection... but that may be in miami...
  • Options
    Correct, that is in Miami not in his cigar safari, Estali.
  • Options
    rzaman:
    Correct, that is in Miami not in his cigar safari, Estali.
    ive been to both his house and his factory. i didnt ask about his collection. i figured im lucky enough to be hanging out with JD. might as well not push it.
    his factory is amazing. if you have yet to see it i recommend that you do. When you run into JD, Tell him that Matt and Jen cant wait to see him again so that he can preside over our nicaraguan wedding.
  • Options
    Oh, and Kuzi, you've got a PM.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

• Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    lcpleel:

Beauty.
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    t_evan50:
    lcpleel:

Beauty.

And to think I was so drunk two weekends ago that I could only smoke maybe a 1/5th of the lancero - I am kicking myself now after these pics ahha
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Awesome pics! And how did you come by that Ashtray?
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    It was a present, My fiance's friend works at Casa Fuente.