Home General Discussion
Options

Padilla/Studio Tabac collaboration?!

ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
This was just posted on the Cigar Snob Facebook page:

Hot off the press release wire:
Studio Tobac has just announced a collaborative effort with Padilla Cigars on a limited run, full-bodied, Nicaraguan Puro. Only 10,000 cigars! Looks like it will be released in August 2011.

I'm interested to find out more. Anybody have a link to some more info on this? I'd google, but I am already late getting back to work from my lunch break :-P

Comments

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Nicaragaun puro? Full-bodied? Oliva and Padilla? I'm in.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Ernesto posted the band the other day, other than that I don't know anything about it.
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Those look good and the New Padilla La terraza's in maduro
  • Options
    Found a little article about this here: http://www.examiner.com/cigar-in-national/studio-tobac-to-make-a-cigar-for-padilla

$14 pre-tax is going to make these expensive, but coming from two of my favorite manufacturers I am sure they will be stellar smokes! Hurry up August!
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    Found a little article about this here: http://www.examiner.com/cigar-in-national/studio-tobac-to-make-a-cigar-for-padilla

$14 pre-tax is going to make these expensive, but coming from two of my favorite manufacturers I am sure they will be stellar smokes! Hurry up August!
    Here is a link to the band and the box artwork: http://www.cigardeficionado.com/padilla-studio-tobac-cigars-padilla-studio-tobac/padilla-studio-tobac-cigars-padilla-studio-tobac/
  • Options
    Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    Nice! They should give us all one for free to make up for the obsidian.
  • Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    I've heard about these during the tour. I can see a Cain F and Padilla Miami love child.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Am I the only one who is godamn sick of these super limited releases? I'm done buying the line of bullshit that every limited run release is made with super limited crops, I think these guys are doing it to bloat the price and make sure demand is sky high. If I'm the only one, I'll just shut up, but someone has to be thinking along the same lines I am...when does it end?
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Am I the only one who is godamn sick of these super limited releases? I'm done buying the line of bullshit that every limited run release is made with super limited crops, I think these guys are doing it to bloat the price and make sure demand is sky high. If I'm the only one, I'll just shut up, but someone has to be thinking along the same lines I am...when does it end?
    You are not the only one. I don't waste my time with crap like that. Notice how it's mostly the guys who don't make & grow their own products that are always pushing these kinds of things? I think there's something to that.
  • Options
    Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    j0z3r:
    +1 - Mostly hype. What really drives me nuts is the "only on tour" or "only at your B&M" editions......Im in Guam Bro...ain't no B&Ms or Tours coming out here. They need a special stick for the guys out in Iraq or Afganistan....that would be a cool limited edition.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    j0z3r:
    Truth.

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I totally ignore this stuff. I am strictly a bargain shopper and do not have the resources for it.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    I totally ignore this stuff. I am strictly a bargain shopper and do not have the resources for it.
    I am the opposite. I smoke once a week and my wife is okay with me spending 10-20 dollars on a stick. this leaves me with a lot to work with. If I smoked daily though, I would obviously spend much less.

I like the limited sticks because I know I don't "Have to" have them but it's nice to get one when I run across it.

you guys should "friend" Ernesto on Facebook so you can watch all that's coming down the pipe. He's very active in showing what all is going on.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    dennisking:
    fla-gypsy:
    I am the opposite. I smoke once a week and my wife is okay with me spending 10-20 dollars on a stick. this leaves me with a lot to work with. If I smoked daily though, I would obviously spend much less.

I like the limited sticks because I know I don't "Have to" have them but it's nice to get one when I run across it.

you guys should "friend" Ernesto on Facebook so you can watch all that's coming down the pipe. He's very active in showing what all is going on.
    Also his drunk FB and Twitter post are hilarious!

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Ya. He drunk facebooks a lot
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    Awesome! He just went up another notch in my book!
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    dennisking:
    Awesome! He just went up another notch in my book!
    IIRC he was hating on the Illusione candelas the other night haha. He is a lot of fun to watch drunk-post