Home General Discussion
Options

tv stand turns into a humidor? ar15 goes full auto

I have a piece of wood i call a tv stand, built great, not partical board maybe oak, who knows im not a woodsman in that matter, but the design is awesome, and im going to turn it into a humidor. The question is when i line the inside of the cabinets with cedar, is there a thickness in wood i need to go with??1/4 to 1/2 way to thick it would eat up the storage space, can I go with 1/16 or 1/8 and after prep it will hold humidity? its a sweet piece of furnature but a hidden humidor would be nice. 2nd question....... ar semi auto with a detach clip (ca) to go full auto on a selector? ideals?? ak went full wheni switched trigger housing, but want choices with the ar. ideals guys

Comments

• Options
    TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    Defly go wit the cedar lineG! Try some 1eight on da thicknets o da lining...don use toxX glue... work dem home depo folks and good luk to you!
  • Options
    tjptjp Posts: 26
    the interior is like a stop sign but 3 ft tall, awesome shape and size i just worry abouut storimg boxes of sticks inther for long periods of time with the certian thickness of cedar. tell everyone this... the guy thats helping build the interior of this stand is a ferrari and lambo mech, ill take pics before during and after the project is done, maybe a pic or 2 of the lambo Murrcie sweet...............
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    probably ask Waxing Moon or cabinetmaker; they have better expertise. Off the top of my uneducated head, I think the cedar can be between 1/8 and 1/4, though you could certainly go thicker. Just be careful how you're putting it all together - fumes ruin cigars and whatnot

• Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    ar needs new shear pin

Edited: it needs more than that, but that is the hardest part to get right.