Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar of the month Club

For all of you who particpate in the COTM club... Do you wait and let them rest for months on end before firing them up and tryihg the selection just give them a few days rest and start smoking them? I've been just letting them get rested for a few days in my humidor then start smoking. I usually keep the leaflet that came with them nearby so I can see what I may like or dislike about the particular smoke. This month it was greycliff. I smoked a turbo yesterday and it was pretty good. I had not tried any of the greycliff blends and usually prefer a medium to full smoke.

Comments

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I think I am going to finally pull the trigger on this, I have yet to join any cigar of the month clubs. But I think I will be joining in on this next month.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Good way to taste stcks you might not otherwise try. Im enjoying the Greycliff selections. Plus i get free shipping on my everyday smokes(Ccom Cuban Label)
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I've thought of joining a bunch of times but I'm afraid of how many Gurkhas would end up at my door.
  • Options
    MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    alienmisprint:
    I think I am going to finally pull the trigger on this, I have yet to join any cigar of the month clubs. But I think I will be joining in on this next month.
    I would join the Ccom club but they haven't changed the advertised selection in a few months. I currently have 3 of the listings and have no need to add more. If, when the change, i would consider it. Plus, the Amada's are a nice Golf course stick.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    A little of both... some I smoke rott others rest.

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Depends on what it is. If it's something that's well known for needing down time I'll bury it and revisit it 6 months or so later. If it's something that doesn't, then I smoke it when I get to it...which could be 6 months anyway...
    bigharpoon:
    I've thought of joining a bunch of times but I'm afraid of how many Gurkhas would end up at my door.
    I think in the two years I've had it, I've only got gurkas twice.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I actually rest mine, but that is just my personal choice. The COTMC is great deal and the sticks are great.
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    I joined In November and smoked just one so far. R y J and was very happy. Thinking on starting to smoke them actually.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually start on them about a month after arrival, unless I just can't resist.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    A little of both... some I smoke rott others rest.

Same here, I don't really think about it. I had the Turbo last night, too, pretty good.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Bishop88Bishop88 Posts: 13
    I just signed up for the COTM a couple days ago...little treat to myself for my recent reenlistment.  I was curious about the description, it says you get one really premium cigar each month (I guess two if you consider the "double down" option).  What kind of cigar can I expect from this category?
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I wait 6 months before I smoke them. 5 months I leave them in the bag they came in and for month #6 I put them in my smoking humi so they can aclimate to my prefered rH.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    I just need to get off maw a$$ and just pull the trigger and get with the program. Always nice to see a shipment from ccom waiting for me in the old mail box.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    I wait 6 months before I smoke them. 5 months I leave them in the bag they came in and for month #6 I put them in my smoking humi so they can aclimate to my prefered rH.
    They stay good in that bag 5 months? Good to know.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Ken Light:
    rwheelwright:
    They stay good in that bag 5 months? Good to know.
    I always fill the pillow up more when I get them in the mail and I have never beeded to refill the pillow in those 5 months.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The COTM is a great way to try new sticks, but you have to double up. It's nice to get a surprise gift of cigars once a month.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    Bishop88:
    I just signed up for the COTM a couple days ago...little treat to myself for my recent reenlistment.  I was curious about the description, it says you get one really premium cigar each month (I guess two if you consider the "double down" option).  What kind of cigar can I expect from this category?
    This is usually an expensive 15 or more MSRP cigar or something brand new to the market. "feature" means that its a cigar that lots of people would like to have but normally wouldn't due to price/availability
  • Options
    AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    So Aprils COTM should be shipping out soon correct?! This is my first one, very exciting!
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I would guess sometime this week.