Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

2 for 30 Contest

2»

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Good move Tony! Saving the best (AB Family Blend) for last!!! lol Although I have to admit the EP Short Run is a damn fine smoke as well... I'm confident in my choice!
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Down to the last 2! I love it, honestly I just wanted to see how you thought the Unlimited measured up to other sticks you hadn't had. It's been fun watching them compete for a regular space in you humi
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Im getting scared for my new favorite now. But im not going to lie. I havent tried an AB that I really loved.
  • Options
    Well this one should be ending soon!! I can feel the anticipation building!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Finished the Family Blend this morning. I have loved almost every one of AB's blends, and this one was no exception. It did hit me a little milder than I thought it would, but the flavors more than made up for that. Lots of wood and leather, with some earth and toastiness to round it out. I especially got alot of woody flavor on the finish. I really hated to see the end coming on it, it was a finger burner for sure.

So, for the winner. The Diesel Unlimited, EP Short Run, and AB Family Blend were definitely my top three. I had honestly expected to like the Family Blend the most, and it was a damn enjoyable smoke. But as far as being a smoke that I could pick up, smoke, and really enjoy no matter what time of day, mood I'm in, recent meals, etc., I think the EP Carillo is the winner.

A big thank-you to everyone who participated, this was a blast. I might have to do something like this again, next time my overage gets out of hand. LC, your package will be on its way out today or tomorrow.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    my shop just did a AB event....pretty cool i guess, i didnt go....the family blend is on special right now...a box i think is 140 or 150, but you get 28 sticks. I havent had it yet so i didnt jump on it
  • Options
    I've heard (read) mixed reviews on it, but I think it is a very solid stick. I do prefer the Tempus and Prensado, but it is still definitely worth trying.
  • Options
    Good contest Tony! Hate that I didn't win with the Family Blend but that EPC Short Run is hard to beat! Thanks a lot for the contest bro!
  • Options
    No man, thank you for the sticks! I really do appreciate everyone who participated.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Finished the Family Blend this morning. I have loved almost every one of AB's blends, and this one was no exception. It did hit me a little milder than I thought it would, but the flavors more than made up for that. Lots of wood and leather, with some earth and toastiness to round it out. I especially got alot of woody flavor on the finish. I really hated to see the end coming on it, it was a finger burner for sure.

So, for the winner. The Diesel Unlimited, EP Short Run, and AB Family Blend were definitely my top three. I had honestly expected to like the Family Blend the most, and it was a damn enjoyable smoke. But as far as being a smoke that I could pick up, smoke, and really enjoy no matter what time of day, mood I'm in, recent meals, etc., I think the EP Carillo is the winner.

A big thank-you to everyone who participated, this was a blast. I might have to do something like this again, next time my overage gets out of hand. LC, your package will be on its way out today or tomorrow.
    Wait the EP really won? Awsome! I new I picked a couple of winners (resting next to my Black and Milds). I was really scared of the ABFB for a momment. Thanks again for the game. It was really fun to readup on what you liked out of what others have sent.
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    alienmisprint:

Wait the EP really won? Awsome! I new I picked a couple of winners (resting next to my Black and Milds). I was really scared of the ABFB for a momment. Thanks again for the game. It was really fun to readup on what you liked out of what others have sent.
    Wait wait wait! I'm calling foul and demand the EP Carrillo be disqualified immediately! He cheated and rested them against the Black and Milds to help that super premium flavor rub onto them! I win by default! Lmao
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    PuroFreak:
    lcpleel:
    alienmisprint:

Wait wait wait! I'm calling foul and demand the EP Carrillo be disqualified immediately! He cheated and rested them against the Black and Miles to help that super premium flavor rub onto them! I win by default! Lmao
    I stand in protest also. Surely the Plantation Reserve could have used the additional aging time. It was his first smoke. I'm sure he forgot it already. Here, here. We must have justice!!LOL
  • Options
    Keep in mind the Black and Milds still in wrapper. I WIN!
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    pffft... like any wrapper can contain the awesomeness of a Black and Mild! You are bi-losing my friend! Haha
    Black and Milds are like the Chuck Norris of cigars!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    lcpleel:
    pffft... like any wrapper can contain the awesomeness of a Black and Mild! You are bi-losing my friend! Haha
    Black and Milds are like the Chuck Norris of cigars!
    HAHAHAHA I LIKE THAT!~
  • Options
    I'll gladly revisit my findings, but I will need each of you to send me a box of the entry cigars. Upon finishing each of the boxes, I will deliver a final verdict. This may take a few years, but when it is said and done, that pack of 30 cigars will have a ton of age on it, lol.

Joking aside, I really did enjoy all the smokes I tried with this, but the Diesel, Family Blend, and Shot Run all stood out as cigars that I would definitely want to keep on hand. As far as buying a box of any of them, I probably would grab up either of them if there was a good enough deal and I had the extra cash.

The only one I could see myself really going out of my way to purchase and keep a box of on hand would be the Short Run though. It was just something about the way that cigar seemed to hit all the right spots. It had just a touch of sweetness, but I wouldn't call it a sweet cigar by any means. I really enjoyed how mellow it was while still being very flavorful. It has just heavy enough of a body to let you know you are smoking, and it has enough flavor on such an easy draw that you'll hate to watch it end. Just a really all around great smoke.