Home General Discussion
Options

Cigars and food

I've been wondering about having a cigar before meals would affect the taste of the food. Any ideas on this? Or do you just clense your pallet sufficiently? Or do you smoke a particular cigar before eating a particular meal?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    usually its the other way around.
    i smoke AFTER i eat.

i know the other way around is true. the food will change how you perceive the cigar.

thats a good question.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I think if I had most cigars on an empty stomach I'd be too sick to eat after. If you can handle it, though, its gotta work both ways, it must influence the taste of your food.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    usually its the other way around.
    i smoke AFTER i eat.

i know the other way around is true. the food will change how you perceive the cigar.

thats a good question.
    it's funny this is brought up when I visited a local tobacconist not that long ago they were going to have an Ashton event where they were going to pair Coconut and the La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amore, I've also read blogs/tweets about smokers pairing cookies and other snacks with thier choice in smoke for that time. I didn't get to make the Ashton even but it would have been cool to see how it would have paired up.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually smoke before I eat and more often after I eat. One thing I haven't done is eat while I am smoking. I don't have a problem with it, it's just something I haven't tried.

I imagine it would be a little like wine pairings. Interesting topic. Can we hear from some of our foodies?
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    when we get toigether on Thursdays at my local B&M for our herf we have quite a variety of food, from Cupcakes, brownies, cakes .. to Doritos, Different Chips, Nuts and Sometimes Pizza and Some Fast Food Sandwhiches(Which i dont eat Fast Food)
    I can Tell you that I have had several Maduros, and Heavy Ligero Smokes with Taco Flavored Doritos and Iced Tea and that Combo is AWESOME!
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I like to snack on spicy items (if at all) while enjoying a cigar. A good chunk of peppered dried beef (jerky) or some nacho chips with home made salsa sauce can really go well with some cigars. I think the same would be true if you had the cigar first, and then the spicy foods after. IMOH, it would take something spicy or with plenty of garlic if you had the food after the cigar, otherwise the taste might be washed out by the smoke.