Home General Discussion
Options

??Heartfelt Cigar Tubes??

I got a small 20-25ct humidor and I'm using a jar with beads for the humidification. Everything is working good and stable but that jar is taking up precious room. I ordered the Heartfelt perforated cigar tube to try and maximize the space. I went with the medium tube, that would hold 1oz of beads. 6 3/8" x 3/4" size. Have any of you guys used the tubes before?

Comments

• Options
    AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    i do have one of the tubes...takes up the space of one stick, functions just like the other beads.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    I got them when I upgraded to beads. They work great. The advertised humi size on the heartfealt site is spot on.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    thanks for the scoop fellas. I'm looking forward to getting it so i can make some room for extra sticks!!
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I just use a cigar tube that I poked holes in.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    I use two tubes, they work great!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    JCizzle:
    I just use a cigar tube that I poked holes in.
    yup. been doin this for years in my travel humidors.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I actually prefer the drymistat tubes. They've always been less of a pain in the butt to maintain for me.

• Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I have them and I like them a lot. However, I usually worry about keeping them too close because they are basically a 360 degree humidifier which can over humidify the sticks that directly surround the tube. I like the drymistat ones in this regard because they are open on the ends only. But so long as you give them some space, they are as good as any other bead method.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    What I do is take some prescription medicine vials and drill holes in them and fill them w/ beads.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I was thinking about the surrounding cigars as well. Is it even possible to over humidify cigars that are just next to it?
  • Options
    AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    i could be wrong but i believe the drymistat tubes breathe through the entire tube and not just the ends so same concerns with the cigars surrounding. http://www.drymistat.com/techn.html
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    jr_p951:
    I was thinking about the surrounding cigars as well. Is it even possible to over humidify cigars that are just next to it?
    Never been a problem for me. If your concerned, just rotate them.