Home Cigar 101

humi question

gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
furst humidor i had 'meter would not stay in lid. kept falling down,well i used some glue called gorilla glue.this didn't work either (should have just used beads or something else). but anyway this stuff stunk like crazy and then i noticed the label said inhaling vapors could even be fatal! i have used a wood chisel to delicatly remove excess glue from lid, however cigars i smoke from this humi seem to have a funky scent/flavor/ . is it all in my mind or could this really affect a humidor and cause a problem. am seriously thinking of ditching this humi.

Comments

• Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Depending how long the cigars stayed with the glue, it might be the vapors giving that funky smell. Have someone else smoke one of the cigars in the humi, but only one that they have actually had before and see if they notice a funky smell or flavor. If they do, there's your answer, if they don't you might still consider chucking it just for your peace of mind.

I actually have that problem with the beads not staying on the lid, I replaced the velcro and it is somewhat firmly attached. By the way duct tape is a no no for the cedar, found that out the hard way
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have nothing attached to the lids of my humi. I have found that putting stuff up there is nothing but a waste of time.

i also say go for the beads. make a little box for em. works out well in my opinion
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

thanks kuzi, garen- the smokes did not stay buy a few days thats why i'm wondering if i just imagined it and if its still a good humi.