Home General Discussion
Options

Going on a Cruise - Need to take 5 cigars with me

Hey all, I am about to go on a 5 day cruise and I am pretty new to cigars. These are my top cigars that I have (price wise). I have not tried any of these other than the Oliva V and RP decade. I plan on definitely taking a MOW Ruin and the Aston VSG. Any suggestions? DSC_0010

Comments

• Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    djbeenie:
    Hey all, I am about to go on a 5 day cruise and I am pretty new to cigars. These are my top cigars that I have (price wise). I have not tried any of these other than the Oliva V and RP decade. I plan on definitely taking a MOW Ruin and the Aston VSG. Any suggestions? DSC_0010

I would go the top shelf, You never know how much your going to need. But if your only taking a few. I would go with the OpusX, VSG, 1961, LHCOF, MOW (both of them), and the Xikar.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I would go with the Xikar Defiance, Opus X, Olive V, VSG, and the Decade! Or you could take the Old World Reserve and send me that Defiance! LoL That is one awesome cigar!
  • Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    Yeah I forgot I had a defiance as well. It is indeed a great cigar, actually it was my first real Cigar! Hard to find. I will be going to the Bahamas and will be doing a tour at the GrayCliff Cigar factory. Any suggestions on any good GrayCliff Cigars?
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'd take along that OWR, you might not want to have all full-bodied smokes in the case. Sometimes it's nice to sit and have a nice medium. That Unlimited looks good, too.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Last cruise I went on, they had a nice one up top. Does your ship have a cigar bar on-board? If so, you may only wanna take your favorites and leave the rest behind
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I sir am going on a cruise in 2 months...and having gone on one last summer----as a cigar cruising expert (in my own mind, lol)-------I say you should bring the following

R.P. Renaisance, Opus X, Xikar Defiance, Oliva Series V, and Decade
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Another for Opus. You're gonna want that after a nice big steak dinner. Either with a glass of cognac or port. Oliva V, VSG, MOW, Ruination and OWR.

Enjoy the trip.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Opus X
    Padilla Miami
    Ashton VSG
    Oliva V
    Diesel Unlimited
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I've been on many, many cruises. I would say it depends on the boat. If it has a dedicated cigar lounge, then bring your best. If it doesn't, you'll be smoking next to cigarette smokers most likely. That kind of bugs me, so in that case I'd bring something I liked, but not anything rare or coveted. If that doesn't bother you then bring what you like. Don't forget a morning coffee smoke/s.
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    5 day cruise, I would bring them all.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Just 5 smokes?

My favorite Graycliff is the Double Espresso. If you want a more medium smoke, the Turbo is pretty good.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    If you have to take 5 and only 5 heres what I would say and leeping what you stated that you are taking the Ruination and VSG I would say

1. MOW Ruination
    2. Ashton VSG
    3. OPUS X Only if it has at least 1 year of rest though
    4. Padilla Miami
    5. 5Vegas Triple A
    *And the asterik cigar if the opus is fresh would be the RP Old World
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your help! Yeah the only reason I am taking 5 is that I have a 5 ct travel herfador. Monday can't come soon enough!!!
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My suggestion is to buy a 15 ct. herfador, and let your mood decide for you. Otherwise, I would have to agree with Diamond Dog.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I'm going on a cruise in October as well. Now you guys have me wondering if my ship will have a cigar bar.

Oh and for a newb you have a lot of full body smokes. If you're planning on having most of your smokes in the evening I'd definetly go with the Oliva V, that PVNISHER interests me, I just saw it for the first time today so I'd throw it in my box, I'm not a big Opus X fan but if you are throw that in there too. Now from here it depends, if you think you might want one or two in the morning I'd find some milder creamier smokes that aren't in that tray. If you aren't any of those others are good special occasion smokes.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    I'm going on a cruise in October as well. Now you guys have me wondering if my ship will have a cigar bar.
    If you know the cruise line, and the ship name it's usually pretty easy to find out.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    djbeenie:
    Thanks everyone for your help! Yeah the only reason I am taking 5 is that I have a 5 ct travel herfador. Monday can't come soon enough!!!
    u wanna borrow my 15ct traveldore?? ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    djbeenie:
    Since I know u like Full bodied...here is what I'd bring...
    1. vsg
    2. V
    3. Padilla Miami
    4. Opus X
    5. RP Renn or OWR (depending on if u want a maduro or a sumatra wrapper cigar)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Yeah no exclusive Cigar bar, but they have bars that you can smoke cigars. I guess i will be sharing the space with the cigarette smokers. HA! Oh well it will be fun!