Home General Discussion
Options

Pollen

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
For those of you who don't know, the pollen gets crazy down here in the South. So bad everything turns green...its getting so bad now I can't go outside and smoke a cigar!! Pisses me off, horrible winter, waited forever for good warm weather and just when it gets nice BAM! Pollen EVERYWHERE....ok im done ****.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    At least it means Spring has Sprung (for you anyway)
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    to piggy-back on Kreig, this is just the start of it! There are essentially two pollen "seasons" One now, in the early spring and then one that is normally twice as bad about a month after this stuff starts to die down a bit. I roll the windows down in my car when I drive and after only 10 minutes I can hardly read the clock because of the insane amount of pollen covering everything. I have a dark blue car, and the pollen is so thick already that it looks lime green! I can't wait to be in Texas
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had a week of good weather, I even put out the patio furniture and had a smoke outside.

Yesterday and last night we got four inches of snow! I feel your pain!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Yikes, and I thought pollen was bad here. It still gets my allergies going full speed ahead here, I'm glad I don't have to deal with it being that bad.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    ejenne87:
    to piggy-back on Kreig, this is just the start of it! There are essentially two pollen "seasons" One now, in the early spring and then one that is normally twice as bad about a month after this stuff starts to die down a bit. I roll the windows down in my car when I drive and after only 10 minutes I can hardly read the clock because of the insane amount of pollen covering everything. I have a dark blue car, and the pollen is so thick already that it looks lime green! I can't wait to be in Texas
    What part of Texas? Because we have very similar stuff east of the Dallas area...
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    i hope it's not as bad as last year. i swept the front porch off of all of the pollen......you wouldn't believe how much there was....you could leave foot prints in it. there was so much pollen in the air around the trees that it looked like a yellow fog.
  • Options
    i feel like i should wear my gas mask w/ charcoal filter to go mow the yard!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Krieg:
    I've been run to and from work for a while, but now I'm just hacking up stuff. Maybe a gas mask is the way to go. Until I pass that city of Griffin cop who thinks I must be up to something bad and shots me, but at least in the hospital I won't have to deal with the pollen ;-) I am really thinking of a wet bandana over my mouth when I run.
  • Options
    rossdavey2:
    Krieg:
    I've been run to and from work for a while, but now I'm just hacking up stuff. Maybe a gas mask is the way to go. Until I pass that city of Griffin cop who thinks I must be up to something bad and shots me, but at least in the hospital I won't have to deal with the pollen ;-) I am really thinking of a wet bandana over my mouth when I run.
    just hope this pollen isn't bad for the SE herf! (hopefully we can smoke inside)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    My sinuses have been worse than Karl Maldens nose in a fish market---or **** house---or one in the same. Not even sure if this post makes sense to me....ahh well.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    It's bugging my allergies too but nowhere near what it used to be. Completely managable now, it just gets bad when I deal with it all day and then get exposed to indoor allergens.

This is the main reason everything in my smoking area on the patio is heavy. I take the leaf blower out there after the pollen dump and just blow the crap out the screen. Very easy, very quick, very effective.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    ejenne87:
    What part of Texas? Because we have very similar stuff east of the Dallas area...
    I'll be in Austin. Should be about another month. I can't freaking wait!
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    No pollen here but massive sandstorms and wind!
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    JCizzle:
    sandstorms?? that's crazy...never been in one of those.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    bluezulubluezulu Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    In Georgia and I feel your pain. Was waiting on the warm weather and still a no go because of the pollen. Was at the B&M and we were talking, they said to eat some regional honey for a few weeks to become immune to the stuff. I'm going to try it next season.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    That will help but it has to be local. The closer the better. For best results eat about a teaspoon everyday. You should do it year round. It works on the same principle as allergy shots, just at a much slower rate. Shots take about 5 years before you have full immunity, not sure if honey reaches that point or how long it takes.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    JCizzle:
    sandstorms?? that's crazy...never been in one of those.
    They suck. A lot of the guys here can attest to that. Dirt gets everywhere...
    Light 'em up.