Home General Discussion
Options

How many times a day do you check the daily deal?

I find myself checking 4-6 times at day. It's a bad addiction and my wife doesn't know. I check first thing, around 10am est, after 1 pm, 4pm, 6pm and again at 9 pm. I run home so I can beat her home so I can unpack them, destroy the evidence, and store them before she gets home(JK). I got it bad and need help so I created C.C.B.A, Complusive Cigar Buyers Anonimus. Signs are checking cigars.com more than 4 times a day. Rating cigars and encouraging others to buy, Buying two or more daily deals a week, checking 2 or more cigar site a day, and hiding my affliction from my wife. If you fit this profile don't deny it and show your support by posting your complusive addiction stories here. I'm here for all CCBAs everywhere.

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    How many times? More than is financially healthy for a man.

• Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    Guilty.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I usually check 4 or so times a day. Even if im broke and know i cant buy anything I have to check...
  • Options
    AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    I check it, a LOT. The side-effect is that I just CANT pay normal prices for cigars anymore!!
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I used to check a lot but I have slowed down quite a bit and only check every other day.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I make it all one-stop. Check the daily deal then hit the forums to see what's up.
  • Options
    bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    PuroFreak:
    I usually check 4 or so times a day. Even if im broke and know i cant buy anything I have to check...
    +1
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Hello, my name is Bigharpoon and I'm a compulsive DD checker.

It started out small enough, just one humi. Then I got another, and another. Before I knew it I was stuffing cigars into a big red cooler. I told myself all kinds of stories, like: it was actually SAVING me money to buy cigars on sale; I had to keep up to date to recognize when a good deal arrived, etc. etc.

I couldn't stop myself. All I wanted to do was smoke good cigars and rummage through my humidors. I couldn't concentrate at work. But it's okay, I'm still in control, I don't have a problem...
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Hello, my name is Bigharpoon and I'm a compulsive DD checker.

It started out small enough, just one humi. Then I got another, and another. Before I knew it I was stuffing cigars into a big red cooler. I told myself all kinds of stories, like: it was actually SAVING me money to buy cigars on sale; I had to keep up to date to recognize when a good deal arrived, etc. etc.

I couldn't stop myself. All I wanted to do was smoke good cigars and rummage through my humidors. I couldn't concentrate at work. But it's okay, I'm still in control, I don't have a problem...

+1 My name is RCY Cigars and I'm a compulsive DD checker....
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigjohn125:
    PuroFreak:
    +1
    +2
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    +3
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    I have direct links (even an app) to a few websites on my phone and check them throughout the day. I agree with everything said so far, but I don't have a problem ;) LOL
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    like 60+

• Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    UMMMM...UUUUMMMM, I have the site up in the background while at work and I check the forum and the DD at least 2-3 times within a 10 min period, all day. Is that bad?
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10+
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I liked the "One a Day" system much better.
  • Options
    bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    My wife was concerned that I would become addicted to nicotine when I began smoking cigars. I am not addicted to nicotine, I am addicted to Ccom. Noooooooooo!!!!!
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    bigjohn125:
    My wife was concerned that I would become addicted to nicotine when I began smoking cigars. I am not addicted to nicotine, I am addicted to Ccom. Noooooooooo!!!!!
    LoL +1. But I only check as often as my schedule allows...ok, sometimes more...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    If I don't sign off, does that still count more than just once?
  • Options
    dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    At least 5-6 times a day. Sometimes i'll check it, then check it again 10 minutes later "just incase" i missed something. It's like back in high school and you were waiting for the phone call from the pretty girl in class, so you would randomly pick up the phone just to make sure it was working. Tell me i wasn't the only one who did that :(
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    At the least 3 times a day. But when I'm stocked up and have no room I try not to look, it hurts too much.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    bigjohn125:

My wife calls me a cigar geek haha :0)
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Every hour or so.