Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar Events

A few months ago someone posted a thread wondering where they can find cigar events that are going on near them. It gave me the idea to create a website that lists any and all events across the country.

I have only been working on this for about a week now, Mostly on the weekends. Its not 100% complete but as you can see there are several events in April and May that you might not be aware of and wanted to start getting the word out.

The web site is www.herfevents.com Please check it out and give me your input either PM or in this thread.

Also if you know of events going on or think your local B&M would be interested in keeping me up to date. E-mail events@herfevents.com.

Thanks in advance for your input

Comments

• Options
    Genius idea I must say
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Fantastic idea! PM sent!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    Thanks Guys.

Ken PM back
  • Options
    Also i just want to mention i am not a website designer. I used a program that makes it very easy to add info and has Themes for you to choose from. I am just a cigar lover that thought there is a need for this.

I am still learning the ins and outs of this program. Any web designers out there want to add some pointers or help hit me up. I still have more ideas to add but wanted to get the content and basics up and out there for input from fellow BOTL.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Good idea. Just a heads up, though... if you hit search by state, you only see two states, but when you go to "by date" there is a lot more listed.

I clicked on the DC event for April 1st, they really need to work on their website... once the annoying flash intro finally loads, the only events listed on their page are from almost three years ago.

I see there are two RP events locally next weekend, but I'm not a really big fan.
  • Options
    zoom6zoom:
    Good idea. Just a heads up, though... if you hit search by state, you only see two states, but when you go to "by date" there is a lot more listed.

I clicked on the DC event for April 1st, they really need to work on their website... once the annoying flash intro finally loads, the only events listed on their page are from almost three years ago.

I see there are two RP events locally next weekend, but I'm not a really big fan.
    Glad you found some events local to you.

Ya some B&M sites are not up to date. Alot of the information im pulling is from Brand sites. Thats one reason i feel there is a big need for this.

I only have a few state pages done. I am shooting to get as many brands as i can done and then im going to go back and do all the states.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Great idea dude, good work.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I emailed you a few event schedules.
  • Options
    beatnic:
    I emailed you a few event schedules.
    Thanks for the Help
  • Options
    GentlemanGentleman Posts: 152
    RaschNuts:
    Also i just want to mention i am not a website designer. I used a program that makes it very easy to add info and has Themes for you to choose from. I am just a cigar lover that thought there is a need for this.

I am still learning the ins and outs of this program. Any web designers out there want to add some pointers or help hit me up. I still have more ideas to add but wanted to get the content and basics up and out there for input from fellow BOTL.
    I'm not a professional web developer but I'm in school for it and have done some freelance here and there. The site looks great and the idea is brilliant. I only suggest maybe some more cigar images or maybe a logo. I'm bored and on spring break so I'd definitely be willing to help just send me a PM.
  • Options
    Gentleman u have a pm
  • Options
    Email sent, RE: Kansas City Cigar events
  • Options
    Just wanted to let everyone know the site is update.

instead of just beeing a list its now in a calendar so you can see all the events each day and just click the one you are interested in for more information.

2 Options to search now State and Brand.

Any additional input would be great.

Events beeing added daily.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    have you had any luck with this...im gathering some events that I know of for you.....or whoeber is trying to get these together! Thanks Rasch
  • Options
    Thanks for the Help OZ

i took a month or so where i was slacking a bit busy with work etc. but back and committed now. Havent have any luck besides what i can find online and still looking. When i go to FL this weekend im gonna try and reach out to some B&M's get them on board. Also PM Jsnake for 262 info. Hoping twitter will help too since i created a twitter count.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Amigo,

Sent you an email @ the site.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Hays:
    Amigo,

Sent you an email @ the site.
    Thanks. E-mailed you back