Home General Discussion
Options

This probably isn't supposed to happen

y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
My 3 month old Xikar NXT torch just blew out a lit match. Think it's time to mail it back?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if you have already purged it and refilled it and it still does not light i would go with a big yes. send it back. they will take care of you
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    My 3 month old Xikar NXT torch just blew out a lit match. Think it's time to mail it back?
    Hopefully you are using quality butane and not cheap crap. Most lighter returns are due to clogs from poor butane. If it isn't that they will happily repair or replace your lighter for sure.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Just learned today that Ronson is in fact cheap crap. Wish they printed something like that on the box for a newb like me. I did purge it and refill it with some quadruple refined butane I picked up...still no dice. It's going in the mail tomorrow.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Xikar will take care of you.

live and learn
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    whatever you do, don't light up fireworks with it...

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    Just learned today that Ronson is in fact cheap crap. Wish they printed something like that on the box for a newb like me. I did purge it and refill it with some quadruple refined butane I picked up...still no dice. It's going in the mail tomorrow.
    Yeah Ronson will ruin your XIKAR but no worries you have a lifetime warranty. If you send it in XIKAR will repair it and if it is clogged they will be sending you a bottle of their butane when they return your lighter. If they can't repair it they will send you a brand spanking new one and tell you to use better butane. We have all had Noob experiences so no worries. Lucky for you they have the awesome warranty.