Home Ratings & Reviews

Indian Tabac Super Fuerte

A very flavorful and enjoyable maduro stick...

that appears to have been dyed quite heavily. I noticed staining on my fingers after I finished. Worse than that (and sorry to be a bit gross), but I was even able to wipe dye from the insides of my nostrils with a kleenex.

This will keep me from smoking this stick again. I get the desire to offer a visually appealing cigar, but this is just overboard. Cigars are already questionable enough from a health perspective without adding artificial dye to them.

I avoid foods with dyes, and choose to do the same with cigars. Any others I should avoid?

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    this cigar is very oily. you may have experienced some tar. i'm not saying that cigars don't get dyed, because they do, but this is the most oily stick i've ever smoked. I love the flavor and body but I don't like the oily feel on my palate so I no longer smoke it.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Never tried it before, but I have two of these that have been in my humidor since Christmas. Black tar coming out your nose doesn't sound so appealing.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Tar or dye coming out of your nose doesn't sound appealing.
    This stick used to be a regular in my humi.
    I haven't had one in months though.

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I keep these on hand pretty much all the time, I think they are fantastic when you want a thick, rich maduro. Never noticed any dye coming off on my hands or lips though.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Had the original Indian Tabac Maduro when I was first exploring cigars and was blown away by it. I got one of these thinking it could only be better, and, well, not so much. Hard to know if it was my palette that changed in the interim though...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I am a fan of the IT SF maduro. I have never had anything come off on my fingers or had tar/dye dripping from my nose and I have smoked a bunch of these. Any cigar will stain your fingers if you get them wet. Please tell us you are not licking your cigars?
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    fla-gypsy:
    I am a fan of the IT SF maduro. I have never had anything come off on my fingers or had tar/dye dripping from my nose and I have smoked a bunch of these. Any cigar will stain your fingers if you get them wet. Please tell us you are not licking your cigars?

No, I gave up fellating my cigars awhile back. :) I think the other guys are right... it must have been tar and not dye. I've never had that happen with a cigar before.
    Maybe I'll light one of mine up tonight...see what happens
    OK, just finished a maduro. It had been in my humidor since Christmas, so it had a good three months rest on it. Started out well, little bit of a tight draw and not too much smoke, but had a nice sweet, cedary taste to it. This lasted throught he 1st third. 2nd third it openned up a bit and started tasting a dark coffee/cocoa flavor. Unfortunatley that didn't last long and I got hit with that "green" stale taste. I was very suprised because this is the first maduro I've noticed this in. Sadly, it never improved, and I ended up snuffing it out with about 2 inches left on it. Quite disappointed. Although, I will say that I had no oily tar/dye coming out of my nose or on my fingers. I have one more of these left. Figure I'll try it again in a few months or trade it.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I went through a 5er of these a couple years ago and have been meaning to pick some more up. Maybe after I smoke down my 3 year supply of MOW's, or purchase the 3,000 count Cabinet I've been eyeballing, I'll pick up a box. I really enjoyed each and everyone one of them and recommend them to everyone!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    y2pascoe:
    OK, just finished a maduro. It had been in my humidor since Christmas, so it had a good three months rest on it. Started out well, little bit of a tight draw and not too much smoke, but had a nice sweet, cedary taste to it. This lasted throught he 1st third. 2nd third it openned up a bit and started tasting a dark coffee/cocoa flavor. Unfortunatley that didn't last long and I got hit with that "green" stale taste. I was very suprised because this is the first maduro I've noticed this in. Sadly, it never improved, and I ended up snuffing it out with about 2 inches left on it. Quite disappointed. Although, I will say that I had no oily tar/dye coming out of my nose or on my fingers. I have one more of these left. Figure I'll try it again in a few months or trade it.
    I wonder if the shipped from the factory too early. I've never had any problems with these smokes.

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    One of the most positively dyed sticks out there... Same goes for the Edge Maduro.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    docbp87:
    One of the most positively dyed sticks out there... Same goes for the Edge Maduro.

Interesting. I'm glad it wasn't just me. Whether dye or tar, it's just a little much for me. It's a shame, because I absolutely loved the flavors.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    ndhaon91:
    docbp87:
    Interesting. I'm glad it wasn't just me. Whether dye or tar, it's just a little much for me. It's a shame, because I absolutely loved the flavors.
    I don't let a little dye stand in my way. I've heard some pretty trusted individuals ***coughcoughalexsvensoncoughcough*** say that dye is used more often than we'd like to think. If you like the flavors and you don't end up looking like Piter De Vries from Dune, I say go for it.