Home Ratings & Reviews

Ashton VSG?

Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
So, a few weeks ago I had my first VSG. It was the illusion size, and it had about 2 years on it. I absolutely loved it. Does anyone who is familiar with this stick think there's a better size, or are they all the same? I picked up a corona gorda thinking I might like that one too, but haven't tried it yet.

Comments

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    The Corona Gorda is the size I like. I had a Robusto at an Ashton event last week and the 50 ring size required a bit more draw. Both good, though.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The CG is the best one I've had, way more flavor, I thought, than the Illusione.
  • The VSG Corona Gorda is my favorite cigar. Let us know what you think of it when you get around to lighting it up.
  • VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    It is remarkable over time how certain sticks are always good, no matter what for the most part. The Ashton VSG is one of those.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I really like the Sorcerer vitola. the smaller ring is great in that stick.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    i have several of them in my humi, everytime i think im gonna smoke one, i pick something else. Def wanna smoke on just can't bring myself to do it yet.

"Long ashes my friends."

• MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    Krieg:
    i have several of them in my humi, everytime i think im gonna smoke one, i pick something else. Def wanna smoke on just can't bring myself to do it yet.
    Laugh, I do the same thing. I get 2 o or 3 sticks of something really good and don't want to smole them because I only have two, so I pull something else. I did pull the cord on the Oliva V, i was busting at the seems to try it.
    I am getting smarter, I now buy at least 5 of whatever it is to cover that urge.

I have 5 LFD Air benders (Matatan) and 5 Illusione coming; set up through Tim...
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I've had it in a robusto size, a belicoso size, and a corona size (I don't remember the fancy names ashton calls them) and the corona was far and away the best tasting size in my opinion. the belicoso was a 7, the robusto a 8, and the corona a 9.5.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Mperconte:
    Krieg:
    Laugh, I do the same thing. I get 2 o or 3 sticks of something really good and don't want to smole them because I only have two, so I pull something else. I did pull the cord on the Oliva V, i was busting at the seems to try it.
    I am getting smarter, I now buy at least 5 of whatever it is to cover that urge.

I have 5 LFD Air benders (Matatan) and 5 Illusione coming; set up through Tim...
    I kinda have a spring tradition with myself every year. I usually don't smoke any super premiums all winter until Memorial day weekend. That is when I fire up my smoker and slow cook a pork butt for 15hrs. And while its cooking, I like to sit outside on my deck smoking a really nice cigar. Kinda my way of welcoming in the spring and summer cigar smoking season (not to mention BBQ smoking!!)

"Long ashes my friends."

• MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    Nice kick off to the summer...
    Too bad you live so far away; slow roasted pork, yummy!!
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I have a box of torpedo's resting, these are right up my alley...
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    The one I tend to find myself going back to on a regular basis the the Wizard...6x56. Very nice.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Thanks for all the input guys.

I just finished up that Corona Gorda I bought, and it was fantastic. It's a nice compromise between the physical size of the robusto, and the increased wrapper to filler ratio of a regular corona. Anyway, wonderful smoke. Box worthy. I burned my finger nubbing the darn thing.