Home General Discussion
Options

need a bigger humi

I bought a 50ct humi a couple of weeks ago (first one) and I now need a larger one, maybe a 150 ct. Any recomendations?  I am money challenged, so please keep that in mind.  If anyone has one they would like to sell that would be great thanks a bunch.

Comments

• Options
    quix24quix24 Posts: 66
    I think you think you'll be good with a 150 you should probably buy a 300 count. I started with a 50 and needed a bigger one within the first 3 months lol. All the advice on this forum said to go bigger than what I thought I needed so I bought the 300ct El Diablo humidor. It's not listed on the website but if you call in they should have it. It's a very nice humi and costs about $110. If you're really on a budget you can always do a coolidor. If you do a search you should find a lot of info.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    quix24:
    I think you think you'll be good with a 150 you should probably buy a 300 count. I started with a 50 and needed a bigger one within the first 3 months lol. All the advice on this forum said to go bigger than what I thought I needed so I bought the 300ct El Diablo humidor. It's not listed on the website but if you call in they should have it. It's a very nice humi and costs about $110. If you're really on a budget you can always do a coolidor. If you do a search you should find a lot of info.

+1, Also for temporary use. You can get tupperware until that humidor you want comes in. Trust the forums, theres plenty of info on that in here too.
  • Options
    quix24:
    Any pics or info on the El Diablo???? I too need more space. I currently have a 100ct (about 70 sticks max), a 40 ct (25 sticks max), and a jar...looking to get a 300 count for under $150
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    adros:

I bought a 50ct humi a couple of weeks ago (first one) and I now need a larger one, maybe a 150 ct. Any recomendations?  I am money challenged, so please keep that in mind.  If anyone has one they would like to sell that would be great thanks a bunch.

ah.... you sound like me. i started with a 50 then i got a 150. now i have those two plus a tuperdore that i estimate can hold 300. i struggle to find rooom. so if you are thinking of a 150 count, get a 300ct or larger
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigger is better. It is better to have the room and not need it than to need it and not have it available. Especially when the daily deals you like come fast and frequent.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Yep I started out with a 120 count humi and that was 5 humi's ago. The 300 ct El Diablo is a great inexpensive humidor that is well made.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Get a cooler, they are very inexpensive! Then get old cigar boxes to put your sticks in and spend all the money you just saved on cigars.
  • Options
    http://www.furiouscigars.com/main/el-diablo-humidor-300-count/ ThinBlueLine, here's a pic of the El Diablo from another site. I'd call in Ccom if they're offering it for $110 since its $150 on this site.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    So I'll throw out some differing ideas too.

One idea supporting the 150 count. If your budget won't allow filling a big humi then stay with a 150 and use that as your budget enforcer. If you go over by a bit you can always grab some tupper ware to house the excess until the space frees itself up. My cigar budget is limited and thats kept me sane for ~6-8 years of smoking. For me, it doesn't matter how good the deal is, if I can't fit them in. This has also kep the wife happy btw.

One opinion supporting the 300 count. Take some time to analyze your buying habits truthfully. With cigars, it really is the buying that can be addicitve, not the smoking. So if you tend to spend a little more than you should on occasion, or have trouble resisting a good deal when it pops up, then maybe lean towards a bigger humi becuase there are A LOT of good deals on this site, and its real easy to fill up whatever space you have.

Other thoughts, it sounds like Ccom has some humis that aren't on the web page. Definitely worth a call in to ask about those. Also if your spending some $$ on that, you might want to talk to them about a package deal with some sort of custom sampler so you can start filling it up . . . Always worth a call to talk to someone live.

Finally a word of caution regarding used humi's. I'd say buyer beware. You'll probably be fine if you do this, and you can probably find some great deals on a used one, but you might get burned too. The way I see it, if the humi hasn't been taken good care of you could end up struggling with the humidity becuase of a bad seal and risk drying out some inventory. If this happens, you'd be in the exact same spot your in now except down some $$. Also it seems like the inventory expense always outweighs the humi so one line of thinking would be that its a smart investment.

Anyway, just some food for thought. Good luck in deciding man, and welcome to the boards.
  • Options
    adrosadros Posts: 216
    Hey thanks that really about sumed it all up.  I think a 150 would be good, especially where the wife is concerned, I've already spent to much in about a month. But thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    quix24quix24 Posts: 66
    Here you go ThinBlueLine06 Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    thx for the pics and info on the diablo guys
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I got my 300ct on ebay for around $65 and free shipping. I love it. I now have it, 3 tuppadores, and another smaller humidor for work.
  • Options
    chrisd56chrisd56 Posts: 77
    I was also considering the El Diablo, how does it do with temperature and humidity? will it truely hold 300 cigars?