Home Non Cigar Related

It's Baseball Season!!!

2»

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    8-1 is a good way to start the season! The wife and I have tickets to take our little one to his first game on April 18th when the Rangers face the Angels! He is a huge baseball fan and will love being at an actual game!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Don't know what's better... Brewers at .500 finally, or that we took the series from the Cubs... Hmmmmmm
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    The season is long Lassie.. There will be many broken hearts between now and October.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Rangers are playing good baseball.
    Well the Rangers continue to look good today increasing to 9-1 defeating a pitcher that was 5-0 against the boys from Texas. The duel between Verlander and Ogando was an interesting match up and Alex Ogando continued to make his case to stay in the starting rotation with 7 innings of 2 hit 0 run baseball. Ogando is now 2-0 as a fill in for starter Tommy Hunter. This is going to be an interesting season. I'm looking forward to the series with NY starting on Friday!
    kaspera79:
    The season is long Lassie.. There will be many broken hearts between now and October.
    There ARE hundreds of games... And we've only played a few... But.... BUT.... BUT we are currently ahead of the Cubs............ So Goooooooooooooood
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    There ARE hundreds of games... And we've only played a few... But.... BUT.... BUT we are currently ahead of the Cubs............ So Goooooooooooooood
    Okay So, I am a lifelong Cubs fan. And I tried to bring my Daughters up right by making them Cubs Fans too. But, my Daughter has been living in Milwaukee for the past year and now I've lost her. It's Packers this, and Brewers that, I don't even know her anymore. Please don't make me feel any worse than I already do.
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    Okay So, I am a lifelong Cubs fan. And I tried to bring my Daughters up right by making them Cubs Fans too. But, my Daughter has been living in Milwaukee for the past year and now I've lost her. It's Packers this, and Brewers that, I don't even know her anymore. Please don't make me feel any worse than I already do.
    It's okay... we both can hate something else? How do you feel about midgets?
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    I'm allergic to midgets. Actually they really creep me out.
    With their little baby legs they stand so low you have to pick them up just to say hello. I have to fast forward through Wizard of Oz, never watch that Shorty Pit Boss show, fear Leprachauns, don't watch wrestling because you never know when there may be a Pint Size Brawlers match, will never vacation on Fantasy Island. I can't watch Austin Power, Willy Wonka, Poltergiest, or Jackasss. I can't even eat those Tootie Roll Migets. Ummm that's about it.
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    I'm allergic to midgets. Actually they really creep me out.
    With their little baby legs they stand so low you have to pick them up just to say hello. I have to fast forward through Widard of Oz, never watch that Shorty Pit Boss show, fear Leprachauns, don't watch wrestling because you never know when there may be a Pint Size Brawlers match, will never vacation on Fantasy Island. I can't watch Austin Power, Willy Wonka, or Poltergiest, or Jackasss. I can't even eat those Tootie Roll Migets. Ummm that's about it.
    Agreed... We hate them... I hate midgets so much that I won't really love my kids fully until about age 12
    Well it wasn't a great start for Derek Holland but it was great to see the Rangers beat the Yankees! Need a win tomorrow to even us up for the year with NY! Now if we can just get our team healthy again...
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Go Rockies!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Cruz is on the DL! It's good to see Murph blast one, though.
    Light 'em up.
    Yea, Cruz is out, of course Hamilton is too, ODay is out, Ogando is missing his start tomorrow and we just got Feliz back.
    Who's gonna pitch in Ogando's spot against CC? :-S
    Light 'em up.
    Looks like David Bush... Makes me nervous!
    Yeah we're gonna need to bring the lumber. Jobu, we need your help! :D
    Light 'em up.
    Lmao Yes we do! I wish they would throw Feliz in to start a game. Just to see what the kid can do in the starting role.
    Would be interesting. Didn't he say he didn't want to start? I wonder if they'll move him into that role eventually and if he needs to stretch his arm out...
    Light 'em up.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching the game Friday night, the Yankee announcers said that the ownership wanted him to start, but the manager said he needed a solid closer, so for now it's the bullpen. I don't know if you can take that to the bank, but that's what they were saying.
    Yea they said at the beginning of the year he will stay a closer because they don't have anyone else to fill that role. I just wish with 2 of their starters injured they would put him in to start a game or two to see what he can do in that role. The big question is will Tommy Hunter be back in the starting lineup when he recovers or will Ogando keep the spot in the rotation...
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Just bumping this to the top to get back to some non political Non Cigar Related topics.

C'mon Red Sox . . . lets get back to winning.
  • kevster77kevster77 Posts: 68
    yeah buddy, GO SOX!
  • bige1371bige1371 Posts: 196
    4 Game winning streak for Yanks. Side note that dude Hosmeir from KC is a beast right now. He just got called up not to long ago hit his 2nd home run at a Yankees game I went to a few weeks ago.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So topic of the week around baseball is about catchers, so let me ask you guys. Block the plate or don't block the plate? Let me know your thoughts and why!
  • bige1371bige1371 Posts: 196
    Depends on the score. If you are getting blown out or are blowing out the other team NO. If it's a close game you better be blocking that plate.
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    If the plays there then block it. It's part of the game.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..