Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Gurkha Class Regent

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
Somebody give me some guidance on these. I am looking at a deal on the torpedo on these and wondering if it is a good stick. I haven't been a big Gurkha fan up to now.

Comments

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Personally, I'm not too crazy about it. Some people love it though. Might just be the Havana 2000 wrapper. It was spice, toast, and pepper. But it burns straight and true. Other people seem to get a lot of flavors though.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Dude I love this stick! Very Creamy, tons of sweet cream and milk chocolate.
    Almost a desert stick.

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    This is one of the few Gurkha sticks I enjoy. Medium strength, nice toasty, rich flavors.
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    I think this is a pretty solid stick, and at $2 a piece, it's really a no-brainer.

Although it's not quite in the same league, I have always associated the Regent with the Esteban Carreras 10 Anos. They both have this very distinct toastiness that I haven't tasted in many other cigars.

To me, the Regent is an ideal medium-bodied everyday cigar.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I think it is one of Gurkha's better blends. I have always thought it was pretty similar in profile to the Torano Exodus Gold.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    I think it is one of Gurkha's better blends. I have always thought it was pretty similar in profile to the Torano Exodus Gold.
    I've thought the same myself Tony, I'd say it's probably because they utilize the same wrapper. Smoking a Regent right now that's been kicking around for about two years, still very tasty, though I don't think the time has really changed it much.
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    stephen_hannibal:
    Dude I love this stick! Very Creamy, tons of sweet cream and milk chocolate.
    Almost a desert stick.

+1
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    alienmisprint:
    I've thought the same myself Tony, I'd say it's probably because they utilize the same wrapper. Smoking a Regent right now that's been kicking around for about two years, still very tasty, though I don't think the time has really changed it much.
    And I know Torano makes some of Gurkha's blends, I kinda always figured the Regent was one of those.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    j0z3r:
    alienmisprint:
    And I know Torano makes some of Gurkha's blends, I kinda always figured the Regent was one of those.
    That could very well be the case. And probably why I like the Regent, I'm a fan of Tora
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    this is one of the few gurkhas ill spend money on. not MSRP but if you cet them at $3-4 each it is totally worth it.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    this is one of the few gurkhas ill spend money on. not MSRP but if you cet them at $3-4 each it is totally worth it.
    Well $2 is a deal then
  • Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    I'm not a big Gurkha fan but that's a damn fine smoke. It's a great deal, I say do it - I just did!
  • Options
    I am going to see if Ccom will match it first, if not I am on it
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I guess I'm in the minority on this guy... I never could get into the regent. Good luck though and hopefully you'll like it.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    I guess I'm in the minority on this guy... I never could get into the regent. Good luck though and hopefully you'll like it.
    x2, could never really get into them...
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    The Regent Nepalese Warrior was delicious. Reminded me of those Spanish chili powder chcolates.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Sightunseen, Sounds like you would enjoy the Pvnisher...By the way, look who's about to join the elite 2000 club.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Think I like the Crest better. Bought 10 of the Regents, smoked 1 right off, not too impressed, think I'll let them sit a bit. The Crest was good ROTT and tried another after a couple of weeks, very good, the rest are aging. Bought 10 of the Crest from Guerrilla Warfare.