Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Cain Nub Habano Bell Bottom Perfecto

Nub Habano Bell Bottom Perfecto Initial light

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This is a little firecracker of surprise. The look of a short story but a definite fatty. Bell bottom from a 41/2x 60 down to a 46. The song Fat bottom girls keep playing in my head as I light this.  A flawless wrapper, firm from head to foot. This is a far departure from the jaw breaker nub.Initial light sweetness of this cigar shines on the start up with a pepper in the nose which doesn't stay very long and moves into sweet cedar. The initial flavor got my attention since it it dialed in to my plate. The cedar is strong and the tongue taste is sweet. Taste on the lips of a clove cigarette but without the flavor just the sweetness and mouth feel.

First third

Moving into the girth of beast, burning flawlessly and taste of a creamy leather moves in replacing the cedar and the sweetness moves further back. A very nice cinnamon apple flavor shines in a very unexpected way . I'm thinking to myself is this infused, similar to Turkish tobacco? I have not heard of this for a Nub, but the flavors make me think possible? Every puff deserves it's own line. Twenty mins in and I've burned an inch off and the flavor has changed three times now the flavors of cedar, cinnamon apple, and leather merge into one, wow.  
Second third

Some tobacco shines through but is faint. I admit I cannot get enough of the leather, cedar, and cinnamon apple flavor. This is starting to taste like a short short but the tobacco flavor is not as strong. All the flavors are on my tongue, roof of the mouth and strengthen with the  retrohale. Some toast flavor on the retrohale. The cinnamon apple flavors leave a nice tanginess on the plate keeping it light and fresh. Flavor starts to deepen and move from a Turkish tobacco flavor to more classic cigar flavors.

Final Third

Flavor gets a bolder approach of classic cigar tobacco, cedar, and leather. The tanginess starts to mellow and the cinnamon apple is starting to disappear at the right time. Now strength comes into play at the right time. Flavors of tobacco, cedar, and some anise and licorice  come to the party. Some earthiness begins to show in a tequila like flavor almost a malted flavor, again unexpected  but in a good way. Toasted marshmallow ends this cigar. b

Final thoughts
Standing room only! This is amazing and Studio Tobac is really showing me something. I have never experience this in a cigar so complex, layered, and unexpected. I have to say this impressed me more so than any of the Studio Tobac sampler. This must be manufactured as a regular line. Dare I say this topped any of my expectations. Even though I have raved about most of the cigars from the sampler. This my friend is a winner and I am not a paid spokes person or compensated in anyway. This was just my experience with an excellent cigar. What a year so far and still have more to come.

Comments

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    phenomenal review. I have always liked the Nub Habano but it's always been a little one dimensional. I wonder how much of the blend they changed for this special vitola
  • Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Back again to reference my review on this cigar as Studio Tobac elected to produce this cigar not as the perfecto I review but a 6x60 Nub Plus now on sale through CCOM. Received my 10 pack today and very happy that this is in a limited production. The flavors are as I remember them as I smoke and read this review at the same time. The only difference is there is more to love and now I have 10 to enjoy.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    BlueRings:
    Back again to reference my review on this cigar as Studio Tobac elected to produce this cigar not as the perfecto I review but a 6x60 Nub Plus now on sale through CCOM. Received my 10 pack today and very happy that this is in a limited production. The flavors are as I remember them as I smoke and read this review at the same time. The only difference is there is more to love and now I have 10 to enjoy.
    Nice review... thank you. Where did you get that perfecto that you reviewed? So you are giving the thumbs up for this line in the new configuration?
  • Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Thank you for the appreciative comments. I received it from the executive team at the Olivia Lounge party. Yes, two thumbs up on this configuration. I never was a NUB fan due to the size. This is the only Nub I have enjoyed although I'm still not a fan of large ring gauges. I'm more of a Lancero fan. Now when/if the Cain F Lancero hits the shelves I will be there.