Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

mow virtue

2»

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Just pulled up this thread since I ordered the AJ Corona sampler. The Virtue and Ave Maria were the two that really piqued my interest on that sampler. Well that and that AJ has the same favorite vitola as I do.

Thanks for the opinions guys, this will definetly be a morning cigar then.
  • Options
    kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    I tried to have my first Virtue yesterday, but as I took it out of the celo I noticed that the wrapper between the cap and band was a little flaky. I took a punch to it so as to protect the wrapper. I lit it, took one draw and the entire wrapper came off. Has anyone else had issues with these?

Note: It has been in a humi at 67 degrees and 69 RH for about a month since I received it.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    not me.
    im not too quick to call that a construction error. it seems that it got damaged along the line somewhere. maybe in shipping. iduno. but is not the norm and you should not judge the entire line by that one cigar.

i had a CAO black with similar issues the other day. it sucks, but that is part of the game.

• Options
    kevin1323:
    I tried to have my first Virtue yesterday, but as I took it out of the celo I noticed that the wrapper between the cap and band was a little flaky. I took a punch to it so as to protect the wrapper. I lit it, took one draw and the entire wrapper came off. Has anyone else had issues with these? Note: It has been in a humi at 67 degrees and 69 RH for about a month since I received it.
    I'd also mention that to someone at Ccom, they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    yeah i never had a issue either with these...and i literally have about 27 of them sitting n my humi right now and lit one up yesterday morning...I do notice these are better at 69-72% then they are at 65-67%
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    there is a time and a place for every cigar.
    Kuzi you are usually spot on, but in this case you are dread wrong. I can't think of any time of day to enjoy the chemical harshness of a Puros Indios or anything else made by the Reyes family for that matter.
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    No construction issues...have found that I like them better fresh. After a few months the flintyness that I like in these fades. Sadly, I still have about 3 handfulls, well-rested, in the humi.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    Kuzi you are usually spot on, but in this case you are dread wrong. I can't think of any time of day to enjoy the chemical harshness of a Puros Indios or anything else made by the Reyes family for that matter.
    it should read "a time and a place for every body of cigar"
    mild cigars a very good. so are medium. so are full. that was my point.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    it should read "a time and a place for every body of cigar"
    mild cigars a very good. so are medium. so are full. that was my point.
    Then I'm back to you being spot on.

I've never seen you say anything about a Reyes family cigar. Had one? Opinion?
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    ...I do notice these are better at 69-72% then they are at 65-67%
    I haven't had a Virtue yet, but in my experience, I too prefer my Connies to be at the 69-72% RH...that seems to unlock all the flavors

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    kevin1323:
    I tried to have my first Virtue yesterday, but as I took it out of the celo I noticed that the wrapper between the cap and band was a little flaky. I took a punch to it so as to protect the wrapper. I lit it, took one draw and the entire wrapper came off. Has anyone else had issues with these? Note: It has been in a humi at 67 degrees and 69 RH for about a month since I received it.
    So, this past Sat morning I had my other Virtue on the golf course...it was a fantastic smoke. no issues at all this time with anything. It even burned perfectly through a bit of a wind. really loose draw, but I didn't mind that at all. I will be buying more of these.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good stick but I to find it's got to much complexity for a Connie.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Based on what everyone is saying this is a pretty good stick. At the time when I had my first one, I was smoking a lot of full bodied very complex cigars. I thought it was fairly plain. I then proceeded to put the rest of my virtues in bombs. I think I should get some more and try another two or so. Since then, I think my palate has developed a bit more and maybe I will have a different opinion.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    The MOW Virtue, I enjoy this smoke every time, why...for around $3 and some change on a toro, how can you go wrong?