Home Cigar 101
Options

Whats better?

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
I currently use foam filled with 50/50 PG solution in my 20ct humidor. My question is do beads work better than the 50/50 ? I am also thinking about getting a bigger humidor someday, and usually those come with foam humidifiers, does beads make it easier to keep RH at 67-70?

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    beads have worked magnificently for me. I have a 400-500 ct humidor with about 2 lbs of beads that stays pretty steady about 65-67%. I have another 100 ct humidor with beads that stays very constant as well.

It seems that they are highly regarded by members of this forum as the go to passive humidification system.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Beads are more likely to hold rh better and last longer. Also they do not need as much attention. Also you won't really have to watch for mold with beads, I had a bad experience with foam and mold... I am not going back anytime soon..
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    beads are way better than 50/50
  • Options
    rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    beads are way better than 50/50
    Beads are for sure the way to go.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    My vote goes to beads as well.. I have used pillows, foam, gell, and beads, and would never use anything but beads now.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    thanks guys for all the good info. As soon as I use up my PG I will probably invest in some beads.

"Long ashes my friends."