Home Cigar 101

cigar cutting

2»

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've only had one torpedo, actually it was my introduction to the Classic, I'd be tempted to say it was my favorite right up until I tried the Fifty-Five, though I can't be sure as I only had the one. As far as the Classic goes, at least in my experience, it's hard to go wrong.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Likewise.

I just realized what the Classic reminds me of: a slightly less intense H. Upmann.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Likewise.

I just realized what the Classic reminds me of: a slightly less intense H. Upmann.
    I've had this very same thought on a few occasions. In fact a few times I would be in mid-smoke and have to check the band. They are very similar on the smaller sizes.
    Once this cold clears up completely -- which, if any deities happen to be reading this, really couldn't happen too soon -- I think I'll do a comparison. I've got the Classic panatela and Upmann corona.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Just my two cents here, I don't particularly care for the NC Upmanns. I've tried a couple different ones, and they just didn't do much for me. I'm certainly going to give them a few more chances, as I've got about a dozen from a sampler, so I'm hoping my prior experiences were flukes.
    I don't think that's an uncommon reaction. They seem to be a fairly polarizing cigar -- people either really like them, or don't like them at all. Their sales (not stellar) & reputation (uneven) reflect that, I think.