Home Ratings & Reviews

Top three you want to try...

1454647484951»

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry guys as known I don't DE and am pissed off by davidoff! And am pretty sick of most things aj. God wtf to buy is a really big killer
    Really sorry to hear this Lee, I know that it can become a frustrating situation when you are trying to stick to what you like as well as learning from lessons too. If there is something I can help with hope you know you are always welcome at my house and door is always open to listen brother. Sorry you are having some challenges, but always happy to listen and lend an ear my brother!

Brett
    It's my own fault besides daviddoffs! Really I did enjoy a lot of davidoff but them cutting certain lines and killing Avo and camacho I can't do them! With DE it's me vs saka. He bad mouths other brands and reps his at the highest and promotes "infused" cigars for DE...well at least he did. Personally I'm all about morals in this industry and have met with some great owners. IMO I just don't like stuff that runs me the wrong way
    Money can't buy taste
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry guys as known I don't DE and am pissed off by davidoff! And am pretty sick of most things aj. God wtf to buy is a really big killer
    Really sorry to hear this Lee, I know that it can become a frustrating situation when you are trying to stick to what you like as well as learning from lessons too. If there is something I can help with hope you know you are always welcome at my house and door is always open to listen brother. Sorry you are having some challenges, but always happy to listen and lend an ear my brother!

Brett
    It's my own fault besides daviddoffs! Really I did enjoy a lot of davidoff but them cutting certain lines and killing Avo and camacho I can't do them! With DE it's me vs saka. He bad mouths other brands and reps his at the highest and promotes "infused" cigars for DE...well at least he did. Personally I'm all about morals in this industry and have met with some great owners. IMO I just don't like stuff that runs me the wrong way
    Saka isnt with DE anymore and makes some amazing sticks. Give em a try. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^ damn, that's funny **** right there.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • harrisjlharrisjl Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Gurkha Crest Ordered
    Fuente Hemmingway Classic Ordered
    My Father Connecticut about to be Ordered

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do yourself a favor and stop buying gurkhas
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Usaf06 said:
    Do yourself a favor and stop buying gurkhas
    I've only tried one Gurkha and it was a Centurian that I got in a sampler.  Flavor profile was ok but did not burn evenly.  Crest had good reviews and the 10 cigar set was less than $30.  I'll try them and if they don't fit what I'm looking for I'll go else where.  
  • CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    Reviews are like ads. Get what they pay for..
    Point well taken on relying less on reviews....   as I said I will try the Gurkha Crest and form my own opinion of it.  From what I've seen people seem to think Gurkhas are over priced for what you get.....  It was a decent deal if I like the flavor profile and it burns well....  
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That last part. Right there. That's the issue.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Funny you mentioned RP and AB.  I got a sampler and tried a RP Decade and AB Prensado.  I wasn't impressed by the Decade at all and the Prensado had good flavor from what I could tell but it split from the top to the middle about two draws in.  I'm assuming I just got that one in a thousand bad cigar LOL  I wouldn't throw them out if they showed up in another sampler but would'n't go out of my way to buy them either.  I have a couple of goto brands I've been smoking for years.  Just looking for some more variety.  
    Did you let the sampler rest before you smoked it?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
     Lastly, on the matter of reviews I like reading them and find them enjoyable at times but its just one persons take on it, and in a hobby that is based on a hand made product and everyones opinion is different and each smoke is going to be at least slightly different as well, so take any review with a grain of salt and realize that it likely will have little to no bearing on how you enjoy it and what you get from it. @harrisjl
    And if you hear someone say they got a mint flavor, just roll your eyes... :wink:
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA yes that IS the proper response Peter, they must talk way too much and be completely full of themselves :P
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Wylaff said:
    This is a big one @harrisjl, whenever you get cigars in the mail you should give em 2+ weeks to acclimate in your humidor before smoking otherwise you run the risk of them coming apart on you, exploding, being hot and bitter etc.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • 84CJ784CJ7 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    This is a big one @harrisjl, whenever you get cigars in the mail you should give em 2+ weeks to acclimate in your humidor before smoking otherwise you run the risk of them coming apart on you, exploding, being hot and bitter etc.

Brett
    I guess I shouldn't take my new haul to the beach then.   :'(     I want to make sure those babies are perfect before I light them up.  @Bigshizza took some time selecting them and I don't want to be the cause of any bitterness. 
    edited September 2016
    Wylaff said:

Brett
    Kinda new to ordering on-line and letting cigars rest.  This was my first on-line order and these cigars did not sit near long enough (I got the order last Friday and have one left).  I'm used to picking up a couple cigars at a local B/M and smoking them right away or with in a 24 hour period.  Never had a problem with taste and never had any split on me.  Have a buddy who I called after googling this and he agrees the longer they rest the better they get.  So my next order will sit 2 weeks with the exception I will smoke one of the Crests early as an experiment.  I was told I should notice a pretty big difference.  THX for the info. 
    Yeah sorry guys not trying to be a wet blanket and you could probably get away with just a week but I'm of the mind better to be patient and be rewarded than try early and end up tossing what would have been a great stick. I will admit to being a bit conservative on that front but I rarely have to pitch a cigar at least due to being too young on shipping. 
    When you get something from the BnM they are ready to smoke as is. If it comes from a trusted BORK a couple days are generally recommended just to bring them back to a smokable state. If it's something you've ordered a couple weeks are better, as you don't know what they were stored at, and they typically go through a rougher time shipping.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1, the stuff I order is rarely shipped priority so it can be in transit a while, exposed to who knows what temps and humidity.  I'll let those rest a couple weeks.  I've been trying to let BORK trades and bombs rest too but it's harder to wait with these.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    84CJ7 said:
    Not being a wet blanket, you are saving me grief and frustration..  I'll take @Wylaff's thought and buy the ones I'm dying to try at a B&M for the beach.

Thanks for saving me from myself!
    No problem at all have fun and be safe ;)

Brett
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    peter4jc said:

And if you hear someone say they got a mint flavor, just roll your eyes... :wink:
    hey now @peter4jc !!! i have gotten a "minty" flavor on some cold draws before..... 

but i am often accused of being full of sh¡t......

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv said:
    peter4jc said:

hey now @peter4jc !!! i have gotten a "minty" flavor on some cold draws before..... 

but i am often accused of being full of sh¡t......

No stealing my descriptive title, many have accused me and crowned me as the Full O' Chit King, I can attest it's true :D
  • NowheremanNowhereman Posts: 3

Gran Habano Gran Reserva #3 2008

Does anyone have any idea on when they will be available again by the box?

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
     Lastly, on the matter of reviews I like reading them and find them enjoyable at times but its just one persons take on it, and in a hobby that is based on a hand made product and everyones opinion is different and each smoke is going to be at least slightly different as well, so take any review with a grain of salt and realize that it likely will have little to no bearing on how you enjoy it and what you get from it. @harrisjl
    Ah, yes. Andes mints and stone fruit....  BWAhahahaha  :p

I seem to recall hearing that before, somewhere.....
  • OdinsonOdinson Posts: 9
    1.Viaje Skull and bones 
    2. Crowned Heads mason-dixon 
    3. Liga Privada #9