Home Cigar 101

general cigar newb questions...

2»

Comments

• capsfanxcapsfanx Posts: 29
    oh ok...I guess I did not cut off too much then,lol! Learn something new every day!

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if you dont know how much to cut off with a double guillotine here is a simple way to guestimate

place the cutter flat on the table with the blades open. put the end of the cigar down in there. start to close the blades but dont cut it. when it hits the cigar stop. take a look at that. thats about as much as you should aim for. +/- depending on taste. ...

btw, this is with a cheap cutter. i think the xikar ones have more to them than that and may cut too much off if this method is used. im not sure though, i dont have a xikar.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    capsfanx i believe the bocky **** you refer to is most likely the bock y ca - named for gustave bock who some believe created the cigar band
    the bock y ca was the first cigar with a band which was invented bt gustave bock in 1850
    yeaaa seeee- hows that for some worthless information !!!
    gmill880:
    yeaaa seeee- hows that for some worthless information !!!
    thanks for the info. I searched it spelled correctly and found them @ JR's. The one I had was pretty good to me. they are pretty cheap too,lol. I will have to pick a few up for an everyday type of smoke.
    please let me know if you get some and there still pretty good-it did look cheap for a everyday smoke-but they seemed like by the description a good smoke.
    I had another one a few days ago, I found the B&M where my wife's uncle got them from. Only thing is they charge $3.95 for them, you can get a box of 20 from JR's for $22.95 For the money, out of the ones I have tried so far, they are hard to beat.
    lol yea my b&m charges 4.00-can you beleive that
    yeah, what is weird is most of their cigars they carry are priced almost identical to how they here @ ccom. I picked up an Oliva series G cameroon for $3.85. Yet they have the Bok Y Ca priced @ $3.95 ?? I guess brands like that is where they make their real money. I may order a box form JRs since they do not sell them here. If my wife eases up on me about smoking that is,lol.