Home Non Cigar Related

new shooting video

Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
4 hours of editing.

its just one of those things that eats away time.
anyway check it out and let me know what you think, either here or on YouTube
just click the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW6R1XyUb4Q

Comments

• GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    What are those target plates made of? Are they hooked up to a electronic timer? How much was the colt? So many questions!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Dude that was sick.

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Sol, who's your camera man? I could barely see the boat at all. More boat next time! All that high speed shooting in the way (lol). Very impressive.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Awesome man, great shooting!!!!
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I don't know much about shooting, but this was a great reminder not to piss you off.
  • Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    Goldy:
    What are those target plates made of? Are they hooked up to a electronic timer? How much was the colt? So many questions!

the plates are 2mm think galvanised mild steal, the timer records the noise of the gun going off so the plates dont need to be hooked up, you just have to be honest about what you've hit, although in comps with people watching plus you can see the plates move and they sound different and they are painted so everyone knows if you've hit.

the colt is a special one, its like the 1911 but its got some extended bits that makes changing mags easier and turning the safty off, its called a gold cup. it took me 6 months to find and cost about $350 second hand. you can get the standard one here http://www.pyramydair.com/p/colt-government-1911-pellet-gun.shtml

only thing i dont like about them is the trigger pull, its soooo long as it has to *** the hammer and index a rotary mag, i can shoot a lot faster with my bb gun which is more like the real thing in operation.

hope this helps mate, any other questions dont hesitate to ask :)
    undulac:
    I don't know much about shooting, but this was a great reminder not to piss you off.
    ShotgunJohn:
    Awesome man, great shooting!!!!
    bigharpoon:
    Sol, who's your camera man? I could barely see the boat at all. More boat next time! All that high speed shooting in the way (lol). Very impressive.
    stephen_hannibal:
    Dude that was sick.

cheers guys :)
    So if you were to recommend a hand gun to someone which one would it be? I had one a long time ago and I remember disliking the trigger puill.
    sol1821:
    Goldy:

the plates are 2mm think galvanised mild steal, the timer records the noise of the gun going off so the plates dont need to be hooked up, you just have to be honest about what you've hit, although in comps with people watching plus you can see the plates move and they sound different and they are painted so everyone knows if you've hit.

the colt is a special one, its like the 1911 but its got some extended bits that makes changing mags easier and turning the safty off, its called a gold cup. it took me 6 months to find and cost about $350 second hand. you can get the standard one here http://www.pyramydair.com/p/colt-government-1911-pellet-gun.shtml

only thing i dont like about them is the trigger pull, its soooo long as it has to *** the hammer and index a rotary mag, i can shoot a lot faster with my bb gun which is more like the real thing in operation.

hope this helps mate, any other questions dont hesitate to ask :)
    It took me a little while to figure out what word could have possibly been blocked on that post. Makes sense now.
    Goldy:
    So if you were to recommend a hand gun to someone which one would it be? I had one a long time ago and I remember disliking the trigger puill.
    im assuming you're on about an air pistol and not a cartridge gun?
    what sort of shooting do you want it for?
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    sol1821:
    Goldy:
    I agree with Sol are you wanting an air pistol or a traditional.
    If you are looking from a reliable traditional handgun I really favor Springfield Arms XD series. I have 2 XD 45's and an XD 40 subcompact (concealable). The guns virtually have no kick and are easy to disassemble, and clean.
    I have a Kahr cw-40 and find it kicks a hell of a lot more than the XD45. just my 2 cents, it all comes down to what you need it for and what you find comfortable.
    sol1821:
    Goldy:
    Ya, air pistol cause I want something I can use in the man cave.
    Goldy:
    sol1821:
    Goldy:
    Ya, air pistol cause I want something I can use in the man cave.
    sorry its taking so long to get back to you, on 3 occasions ive wrote out a reply and my comps **** up some how.
    ill get back to you asap
    sorry about that, my computer kept crashing every time i was half way through the post lol
    there's a few differnt options, it will depend on what sort of mechanism you want to go for, and what price range you are looking at.
    if you want a single shot pistol, something you have to load each time you can either go for a spring pistol or a single stroke pneumatic. good things about them is the triggers are usually very good, they are very accurate and you only have to pay for pellets and not gas. bad points is you have to load them each time, which takes effort to compress the spring or the air cylinder and also loading the pellet can be a bit fiddly.
    good ones are either the hw70 (or 45 but that costs a bit more) for a spring gun, or the hw40 for a single stroke pneumatic. difference between the two is the ssp has no recoil.

if you want a multi shot gun that you can load 8 or 10 pellets into and shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger then either the umarex colt 1911, or the umarex s&w, both are very good guns, i prefer the 1911 as i get on better with a semi auto shape.
    they are just as accurate over pistol distances, 10m, but they are harder to be accurate with if you get me.
    good things about them is you can shoot really fast, you can load 8 shots (1911) or 10 shots (s&w) at a time, and there is no effort in having to compress a spring each time to power it.
    downside is its a bit more expensive to shoot as you have to get co2 as well, it will add about $0.01 to each shot i would imagine.

i would personally go for a bb gun. there's plenty to chose from and you can get the same model as a real steal fire arm you like. they function the same as real guns and you get a nice kick, although not as strong as a real gun. costs about the same as co2 to shoot, in this country anyway, i know you can get propane really cheap in the states so i might be even cheaper than co2 fr you to shot.
    only downside is its not quite as accurate as the co2 guns. but the triggers are a lot nicer, as the slide blows back cocking the hammer so you have a proper release, not like on the co2 guns where pulling the trigger has to *** the hammer making the pull really hard and long. they will still hit a tin can at 20yards no problem though.