Free box of LGC Serie N

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
Size: 5.5X54
Wrapper: Capa Oscura
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Factory: El Credito Cigar Factory
Price: $6.00

La Gloria Cubana Serie N first made an appearance at IPCPR in 2010 and appeared to me to be well received and highly regarded by those in attendance who smoked them. March 25th, 2011 was designated by Team La Gloria Cubana as Serie N Day which was the first ever national virtual cigar tasting. Director of Marketing Michael Giannini commented, “Serie N is a very unique cigar, both in taste and appearance, so we created an innovative event to capitalize on the buzz that’s been generated for the product within the digital media space. By including the retail community and in welcoming questions and comments from our existing consumers and those who may be enjoying the product for the first time, we will be able to ride the groundswell by capturing increased interest in the product.” Just in case you missed the event or have never had the opportunity to try this cigar I am bringing you my insight today on it. Team La Gloria Cubana was kind enough to supply the cigars for today's review.

Construction: I can't really pinpoint the first thing that stands out with this cigar because so many things catch your attention all at once. The wrapper is extremely dark and oily. This thing just glistens in the sunlight kind of like that dude from Twilight. Hey, don't give me a hard time my wife made me watch those movies. The thing I really like is the N attached to each cigar in a lighter shade of tobacco. This obviously takes a few extra minutes of time and attention to detail. Very cool. The band is the classic La Gloria Cubana band with a large N in the background and Serie N name on the bottom. There is a nice triple cap topping off the cigar. The overall look and feel of this cigar is lumpy and I only notice a few small veins. Even though it is lumpy this is one solid cigar with no soft spots. The tobaccos are rolled tightly and it is very apparent looking at the foot. The wrapper aroma is faint and grassy. At the foot I pick up a sweet grassy aroma. The prelight draw is sweet tobacco with a little raisin.

Read More Here & Enter to Win a Free Box

Comments

• Options
    Giving away a free box of these. Click the link above to enter and read the rest of the review
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Awesome review Jake ...... Signed up and posted. Thanks
  • Options
    Next month I will be giving away a box of Punch Rare Corojo so more chances to win. Might also be a sampler of some reviewed cigars going out next month.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Signed up and posted, sir.

EDIT: Retweeted as well. WOO! Two entries :P
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Posted too.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Very cool, Jake. Thanks for the info and the contest. You da man!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Signed up. Posted a comment. And mailed my first born's college tuition to you as a preemptive move.
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    Nooooooo. Why must you post this. I'm dying to win this cigar, it's become my top 2 and I need a box (stupid empty wallet). Now I have competition.
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    I tried four times to leave a post on your website Jake, but to no avail. I tried to do it for the lighter you had up for grabs too, and never could get the thing to work. Tried an anonymous post, a Google account post, and Name/URL, both times and cant get them to work.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    My comment doesn't seem to be showing up either.
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Guys , all comments are posted. They have to be approved first due to spam bots. I changed it to post instantly without moderation so lets see if it blocks out the spam like it should. Look again your comments are posted and you are all entered. Thanks & good luck! Sorry for any confusion.
  • Options
    I did mine through google, not sure if you have my email from it.... took a while to make it happen, lol
  • Options
    Also, if you sign up on Cigar World and it can't verify your age don't worry. As long as you leave a comment on the blog you are entered
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'm a tad slow but I don't understand their requirement to select a profile when trying to post a comment. Could someone 'splain, please?

Thanks

Marty

• Options
    I give up.
  • Options
    Yeah, me, too. I tried 3 times to post and it didn't work. And I couldn't get past the age thing, either.

Marty

• Options
    Just leave a comment on my blog and you guys will be entered. I can't get Cigar World to accept my age either.
  • Options
    Well, waddaya know? Me, the eternal optimist, I went back and tried yet again to post a comment and, lo and behold, this time it worked! As they say in the orient, HARARUYAH!!

Marty

• Options
    Marty you really must want to win those cigars hahaha. Cool thing is if you don't win this one I am giving away another box soon after. Details to come.
  • Options
    I really, really do, Jake. Keep your fingers crossed for me, would you?

Marty

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    But Jake, I really, really, really want to win. LOL
  • Options
    Hey, wait a minute. Gypsy 'out-really'ed me. Is that fair?

Marty

• Options
    +1
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    it would be nice to win as well.
  • Options
    So, .....did I win yet?
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    HARARUYAH! HA!
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    HARARUYAH! HA!
    Hahahaha I hear my parents says that in church.