Home Cigar 101
Options

Storing tubos

gio164gio164 Posts: 180
Can I just put the tubos in my humidor or do I need to take them out of the tubos before storing?

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Just put them in; no need to take them out. bBecause they're in a tubo, they'll age slower, but be more resistant to RH swings
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    And you leave the caps on as well?
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    james40:
    And you leave the caps on as well?
    Yup! Leave them as is, that's what they are meant for!

I like to open them and smell them real quick as if I'm breathing in Dominican or Nicaraguan air from the factory!
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    I like to open them and smell them real quick as if I'm breathing in Dominican or Nicaraguan air from the factory!
    +1 I do this too and my wife laughs telling me I am crazy.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    ShotgunJohn:
    Lasabar:
    You fvckers are so weird. P.S. I do the same thing.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    ShotgunJohn:
    Lasabar:
    really, you guys are strange.

i never open them. if i could prove that the tube has never been opened, i would be even happier. i dont want the air that is in there from the factory getting out. to me, tubes are made to be aged.

...slow aged.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Most cigars, I take the tops off, but leave them in the tube. Some cigars though, like the Tatuaje tubos, I took out, because they had a tendency to just EXPLODE in the tubos (dunno why, but the wrappers would always pop and crack, even at like 64-66%rh.)
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    kaspera79:
    ShotgunJohn:
    Lasabar:
    really, you guys are strange.

i never open them. if i could prove that the tube has never been opened, i would be even happier. i dont want the air that is in there from the factory getting out. to me, tubes are made to be aged.

...slow aged.
    Agreed with that whole thing. The one concession I will make is with the Tatuaje Red and Black tubos...I find the smoke a million times better if allowed to sit outside the tube for a few days prior to smoking, and even with that one concession, I still don't even open the tube until I plan to smoke the cigar.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    Most cigars, I take the tops off, but leave them in the tube. Some cigars though, like the Tatuaje tubos, I took out, because they had a tendency to just EXPLODE in the tubos (dunno why, but the wrappers would always pop and crack, even at like 64-66%rh.)
    i have a few tat reds and blacks are you saying i should take them out of the tubes because all of them burst?
  • Options
    Christian_Sapp:
    docbp87:
    i have a few tat reds and blacks are you saying i should take them out of the tubes because all of them burst?
    I haven't had a single one burst on me, and I've purchased quite a few of both blends. Do whatever makes you comfortable, but be careful with the Reds, the wrappers can be delicate and may crack easily.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I have a red and a black and i just have the caps off the tubes
  • Options
    I've never had a Black or Red.... nor SEEN one in real life... Maybe I'm a Cigar Pauper... Maybe I'm Cheap.... Who Knows
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    maybe your not on here enough any more to have anyone send them to you, ya dirty pig-licker.

missed you Lassie

• Options
    Lasabar:
    I've never had a Black or Red.... nor SEEN one in real life... Maybe I'm a Cigar Pauper... Maybe I'm Cheap.... Who Knows
    I'm telling ya Lassy, if you would just forgo the burro show once a week you could stop smoking Swishers and graduate to real cigars. Big Smile [:D]
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Lasabar:
    I'm telling ya Lassy, if you would just forgo the burro show once a week you could stop smoking Swishers and graduate to real cigars. Big Smile [:D]
    You do YOUR life and I'll do MINE! I don't tell you to not sit outside the Retirement Home's Alzheiimer's ward with a box of chocolates and a Single Red Rose, YOU don't tell me to not go to BURRO SHOWS!
  • Options
    HA! Classic. Thank you for coming back.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    The Tat tubes are stupid...I have had the same issue with the red and black tubos...the wrappers would just be totally unravelled.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    It's already been mentioned about how the tat red/blacks were a disaster however I find that a lot of the tubes I get (which I've lessened them) need to be opened to inspect the cigar unless they are clear. Why? Well besides the red/black tats I've had god of fires, ashton vsg's and some partagas black labels give me a surprise when I open them up. Now whenever I get a tube I look at it to make sure no damage is done to the wrapper or mold is on it.