Home General Discussion
Options

Went to the local B&M today

rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
Gentlemen, I am here to brag about the extreme self control that I displayed today. It has been a few weeks since I stopped into the local tobacco shop so I figured I would stop in just to see what was new, check out some specials that they might have, and price some Christmas gifts for the secret gift exchange. Well, let me tell you, if I was a weaker man I could have dropped a lot of money in there because of the sticks they had in stock that are normally rarely found there. Check out this list.

Padron 1926 40th Anniversary
Padron 1926 80th Anniversary
2006 Don Carlos GOF
2006 Carlito GOF
Opus X (2004, 2005, and 2006)

It was cruel and unusual punishment that I inflicted on myself but I resisted. Not completely though, I walked out with a couple sticks and some La Aurora Barrel Aged that I got a real good deal on.

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Good for you Ron, I would have had to break down and buy at least one of the cigars mentioned. I've been really good lately about buying cigars myself, I broke a dry spell last night because I got a super deal on some Padrons that were on auction. Aside from that, I won't be buying anything cigar related, aside from the secret santa gift, for the rest of the year and probably a ways into '09.
  • Options
    Yeah, same here. Besides, I should lay off the purchases until I get another humi. Got too many that are being kept in a cooler right now.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    rdnstn:
    Gentlemen, I am here to brag about the extreme self control that I displayed today. It has been a few weeks since I stopped into the local tobacco shop so I figured I would stop in just to see what was new, check out some specials that they might have, and price some Christmas gifts for the secret gift exchange. Well, let me tell you, if I was a weaker man I could have dropped a lot of money in there because of the sticks they had in stock that are normally rarely found there. Check out this list.

Padron 1926 40th Anniversary
    Padron 1926 80th Anniversary
    2006 Don Carlos GOF
    2006 Carlito GOF
    Opus X (2004, 2005, and 2006)

It was cruel and unusual punishment that I inflicted on myself but I resisted. Not completely though, I walked out with a couple sticks and some La Aurora Barrel Aged that I got a real good deal on.
    Ron, I could never walk away from the Opus... And would certainly walk out with at least one of the GOF.. Now that will keep you up nights thinking about it.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Yeah, I have no self control, I would've dropped a good 200 in that situation...good for you Ron!

• Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Such will power on your part. I went into my local and ended up picking up a box of Oliva V churchills. I tried to stay away, but that didn't happen!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I know the feeling man, GOF and Opus were on "sale" at a B&M dwon here in Reno but my cigar budget is damn near blown. So to make myself feel better i scored a couple of AF Anejo's and hauled ass for the door. Evil stores....
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    wow, yeah I'm with bbc, I would have lost it. I can't see myself leaving without a handful.. Though great control..
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Unbelievable self-discipline Ronnie. I'm on a forced buying hiatus right now as well. The cooler is full and the bank account is empty.
  • Options

Brother in smoke try a Winston churchill by david off well worth the money

smoke it in memory of FRED from maine the biggest red sox in the world !!!!!!

THANKS BIG BILL FROM BOSTON !!!!!!!!

• Options
    bigbill:

Brother in smoke try a Winston churchill by david off well worth the money

smoke it in memory of FRED from maine the biggest red sox in the world !!!!!!

THANKS BIG BILL FROM BOSTON !!!!!!!!

The Winston Churchill is indeed a fine cigar. I may have to go get some more.